cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using S Health on the GS6 Edge - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Smart devices can assist with nearly everything imaginable these days, and fitness is one of them. If you’re anything like me, you have been using your smart device for years to track your fitness via 3rd party apps as well as for music to listen to while you workout. Samsung listens to and observes what people want. That being said, they have done a phenomenal job with its S Health app that is included on the Galaxy S6 Edge.

I have had some first hand experience with the S Health app, which is a joy to workout with especially with GS6 Edge since it is comfortably sized with its 5.1 inch display. The size makes it easy to grip in my hand while I run. Although, I should probably use an armband, which would be better I suppose.

Before I write about my personal experience, let's get into some information about what exactly S Health is.

What is S Health?

Samsung’s S Health is similar to a personal fitness coach and wellness tracker. With it, you can set targets, track your activities, and reach your goals. It helps you to get and stay fit.

Some of the things S Health will do for you are…

• Set goals
  • Monitor your steps
  • Measure distance traveled
  • Track calories burned
  • Track and coach your…
    • Walking
    • Running
    • Hiking
    • Cycling
    • Other Sports (long list of activities from which to choose)
  • Track your food
  • Track your caffeine
  • Track your weight
  • Track your sleep
  • Track your water consumption
  • Measure your stress levels
  • Measure your heart rate
  • Track your blood glucose
  • Measure your SpO2 (oxygen saturation)
  • Track your Blood pressure
  • Work with a plethora of 3rd party partner apps, such as…
    • Bfit App Coach
    • BP(Blood Pressure) Diary
    • Chunyu Pedometer
    • Coach by Cigna
    • Discovery
    • Dminder
    • Fitrainer
    • FORCE Patient
    • Health-On
    • Hydro Coach - drink water
    • Hydro Coach PRO - drink water
    • Lifesum – Calorie Counter
    • Nike+ Running
    • Nitelink
    • Openrider - GPS Cycling Riding
    • PingAn Good Doctor
    • Prevent
    • Q Score | Life Changer!
    • Qardio
    • Recipes & Nutrition
    • SE Wellness
    • Sickweather
    • Violet
    • Workout Trainer
    • Your.MD Symptom Checker

Using S Health

I have been using S Health to assist me while jogging. With it, it talks to me telling me how far I’ve traveled, how much further I need to travel to reach my mileage goal, what my pace is, etc. It also displays a live map showing where I am, and saves it after the fact so I can view my route. At the end, it shares a nice recap of how many calories burned, distance, location, speed, elevation, weather, temperature, wind, humidity, ascent, and descent. The details are quite robust and very helpful. Below are a few screenshots from an easy stroll/jog I recently had. Please don't judge... these are not my typical stats for when I exercise.

shealth2.pngshealth3.png

I also have been using it to monitor my stress levels. According the the app, I am right in the middle… not stress free, but not overly stressed. I suppose I should work bringing that level down. 

shealth4.png

There are many other uses that S Health offers (as indicated above), but for me the main benefit that I personally care about is the fitness tracking component built into S Health. The nice thing about S Health, however, is that it nearly encompasses all of your fitness/wellness tracking needs and offers something for everyone.

S Health is best health app I have used, and I've used a lot of 3rd party fitness/wellness apps over the years. I would pay $15-25 for an app like this in the app store. It is really a great added benefit/feature on the Galaxy S6 Edge. I am thoroughly impressed and look forward to using it as my exclusive fitness app going forward.

The Galaxy S6 Edge is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.