Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Enhanced Features" pop up

Go to solution
Journeyman

"Enhanced Features" pop up

My S6Edge recently started getting this pop up every couple minutes. Hitting decline does no good. I read that turning off profile sharing will solve this, but it just hangs my phone. I don't want to share every bit of data I have with Samsung. Is there a fix to this? There are copies of this question all over the internet with no good solution yet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee, Sprint Product Ambassador and privacy snob. Unfortunately, Samsung's TouchWiz wants to give you "features" that you may not want due to privacy concerns. Here's how I delt with the issue you are describing.

If you want to STOP the pop-up you MUST agree to the T&Cs (ugh!). But wait, keep reading... Then you can disable Profile Sharing to stop the sharing of your contact info:

Launch Contacts > Click on your contact (should be at the top under "My profile") > Click on "Profile Sharing" bar > Turn OFF Profile Sharing.

You can go a step further by clicking on the bottom option "Registered information" (you should see your cell number). From this screen you can enable / disable any or all options to your liking. I "killed" all options on my GS6. Then click "More" in upper right hand of screen > Choose "Deregister phone number."

I hope this helps. Thanks for being a Sprint customer!

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

4503 - Thanks for reaching out. Can you let me know the exact verbiage of the pop up? This will help to deduce a solution. Does this happen when you are using a specific app or function of the device? Let us know as much info as possible so we can help. Thanks!

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Journeyman

It pops up dozens of times a day, I am not sure if there is a pattern to it. I hit decline and it will stay away for 5 seconds to 2 hours. I just minimize it, and it still pops back up. Here is a screen shot Screenshot_2015-05-22-11-10-30[1].pngof the message.

Journeyman

Hello. I am also having the same issue and is very annoying. 4503 included a screenshot of the error. it pops up when clicking on various apps from chrome, facebook, google search, texting app and phone dialer.

I have hit decline many times, .made sure it is turned off in messaging settings which it is and grayed out. I have also gone into running apps and forced stop. The disable option is grayed out. I hope this helps to find a resolution soon.

Hi. I'm a Sprint employee, Sprint Product Ambassador and privacy snob. Unfortunately, Samsung's TouchWiz wants to give you "features" that you may not want due to privacy concerns. Here's how I delt with the issue you are describing.

If you want to STOP the pop-up you MUST agree to the T&Cs (ugh!). But wait, keep reading... Then you can disable Profile Sharing to stop the sharing of your contact info:

Launch Contacts > Click on your contact (should be at the top under "My profile") > Click on "Profile Sharing" bar > Turn OFF Profile Sharing.

You can go a step further by clicking on the bottom option "Registered information" (you should see your cell number). From this screen you can enable / disable any or all options to your liking. I "killed" all options on my GS6. Then click "More" in upper right hand of screen > Choose "Deregister phone number."

I hope this helps. Thanks for being a Sprint customer!

CJ

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.

View solution in original post

Journeyman

It worked! Am I missing out on anything cool by turning that feature off?

Speaking personally - I think Samsung built in such features as an opportunity to help you connect and share with other Samsung Galaxy device owners. I feel such features have limited benefit, unless you have tons of friends who all use Galaxy smartphones and you all share common content. So I don't think you're missing out on anything by disabling the profile sharing feature, in my opinion.

CJ - Sprint employee

Journeyman

Ninja CJ thanks. I didnt feel comfortable with the whole sharing my profile & contacts. Wish i had stayed with htc. Didnt have to worry about "cool" features that younger folk would enjoy.

Journeyman

Btw, is this feature gonna cost me 20 cent on my bill like i have read on some other blogs?

I have no idea what you mean by costing 20 cents as read on other blogs. What other blogs are you referring to?

CJ

Journeyman

Just want to make sure there wont be any small charges for the service.

GrandMaster

he will need a link to the blogs youre talking about.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat