Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s6 edge gets very hot

Journeyman

s6 edge gets very hot

See topic, anyone else have this issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

flyinpoons - Thanks for reaching out with this issue. Are you making sure to close apps if they are not being used? have you taken the device to a service location to have it looked at? Is this an issue when the device is in high use or when it is charging?

Sean
Sprint Social Care
Click here to send me a PM

Sprint Product Ambassador

Hi -

I'm a Sprint employee and Product Ambassador and have carried the S6 edge for over a month. I've never once felt my device get overly hot. It's been warm to the touch when sitting on the charger for extended periods. Can you be more specific about conditions when you notice?

Are you charging? If so, are you connected to the Samsung Fast Charger?

What apps are open? What's running in the background? Are you in Wi-Fi coverage? If not are you in good, medium or poor Sprint DATA coverage?

Thanks for any additional info you can provide.

CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

I have this problem also. To answer more questions.

My old GS4 gets 2 bars at home the GS6 edge barely gets 1. I am on my Wi-Fi AC router and wirelessly charging which frequently pauses due to battery over-heating. I love my GS6 edge.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat