cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7.0 Update

Journeyman

Android 7.0 Update

I got the 7.0 download notification last night, but before I do the update has anyone else done it yet??

How is it running?  Good? Bad? Thoughts?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Journeyman

Re: Android 7.0 Update

I installed it yesterday, then did a factory reset on my phone (I always do this after a big upgrade), and it is running great. Facebook has a force-close issue, but when does the FB app not have issues.  Smiley LOL

GrandMaster

the S7 devices are receiving it as well. im not seeing anything mentioned so far about issues or bugs. well until i probably just jinxed it lol. but so far it looks like its going smoothly for them as well.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Icons from the SD card disappear after reboot

GrandMaster

run it for a few days to see if it just needed to settle itself in..you might have to do a FR just to make sure its all where it needs to be but before doing that perform a partition/cache wipe on the device in case taht takes care of instead.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

1. RUINS EMAIL FOR ME - the text toolbar is missing from the send email window. Can no longer change font size for friends who didn't see well. Can no longer insert photos into email only attach. No more undo button. Can change colors of type or a highlight.
For me this spoils the phone
2. If I type in the text that I'm composing to make a correction a window opens in the way with suggestions. ( can be turned off)
3. Hesitations exist that were not formerly there
4. **bleep**ty voice to text still doesn't capitalize salutations like mr. Capitalizes random bull**bleep** that doesn't need to be capitalized and insists on writing the abbreviation for We Are when I want to right were, etc
This should have been improved.
GrandMaster

restart the phone and double check that there arent any email app updates to make them compatible with Nougat. might be what youre running into.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat