cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G935PVPU4BQF3 Update

Master

G935PVPU4BQF3 Update

Sprint Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge units are receiving a new software update.

The update installs June security patch and is being rolled out over the air as we speak.

The Galaxy S7 units are receiving the update as build number G930PVPU4BQF3

while software update with build number G935PVPU4BQF3 is hitting Galaxy S7 Edge devices.

The file size of the update is 299MB and hence includes some other features besides the monthly security patch.

It improves the stability of your device and fixes regular bugs. It also further improves the performance of your device.

The OTA update may take a while to reach your Galaxy device. Instead of waiting, you can check for it manually by heading to Settings > About device > System update.

***** Before installing the update ensure that your smartphone is at least 50 percent charged and connected to a WiFi network.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
33 REPLIES 33
Journeyman

Re: G935PVPU4BQF3 Update

Hi , I have received this update post which I'm not able to use LTE data. I'm using this phone outiside home over a GSM network. RIL notification shows esm x emm 13  error

Journeyman

Hi , I have received this update post which I'm not able to use LTE data. I'm using this phone outside home over a GSM network. RIL notification shows esm x emm 13  error

Master

are you able to do a profile and PRL update?
I have not had any issues after the update.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
GrandMaster

are you with Sprint and out of country using it internationally with one of their sim cards in it?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

After.pngBefore.png

After (top) and Before (2nd) pics

Home screen is shifted down about 1/4 of an inch after the update.  The status bar on top is in the same place.  The app row on the bottom is in the same place.  It's just the icons in between, including the bread crumb trail at the bottom all got pushed down.  If I open an application it opens to its correct level and Briefing is fine.  Just everything else on touchwiz. 

Note: The space on top of the home screen now is the same size as the search bar that is there when you click into the app tray, so it seems they must have updated touchwiz and didn't account for the fact that there is no search bar at the top when you are on the home screen.

Master

based on what I have been reading online, there is not an update for Touchwiz that was pushed with it.
Maybe just a misalignment on the phone. did you try rebooting the phone after the update was done and maybe clearing cache?
Journeyman

Yep

Master

hmmm that is weird.
Try switching the home app to easy view, reboot it and go back to Touchwiz.
Journeyman

No Change.  It's a hard coded issue... someone goofed up the vertical axis position obviously.  Also, someone over at Samsung forum with an ATT phone just reported the same thing.

Master

You might be right. lol
I never noticed the space on mine before so I'm not able to do a comparison.
Journeyman

Well what do you have currently?  Basically you can tell by the bread crumb trail on bottom... do you have equal space on both sides or is it like my After pic whereby one side is really close to the bottom row of apps?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat