cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI/MEID is either not in the system or it's an incompatible brand...

Go to solution
Journeyman

IMEI/MEID is either not in the system or it's an incompatible brand...

Ok, I'm getting tired of this.  I've been on Sprint chat numerous times, I've spoken with more than five Sprint reps on the phone, and I've visited two Corporate Sprint stores, and still Sprint is not able to figure out what's going on with the IMEI/MEID of a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition that was once activated successfully on Sprint. 

My son had his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition working successfully for five months on Sprint, then he left Sprint when he encountered this agonizing and grueling ordeal with Sprint when Sprint put his SIM-free iPhone 7 Plus in a 24 month agreement of some sort - he purchased his $900+ iPhone 7 Plus with his credit card (the full $917.66 is on his credit card) at our local Apple Store so there was no reason for Sprint to put his iPhone 7 Plus in a 24 month agreement.  After three weeks of phone calls with Sprint and Apple, Sprint finally corrected their error, but, by then, it was too late.  My son had gotten so fed up with everything that he left Sprint.

Now, let's get back to the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition.  I would like to add my son's Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition to my line, but numerous Sprint reps tell me that the IMEI/MEID is either not in the system or that it's an incompatible brand.  Incompatible brand?  How could it be incompatible when it was activated on Sprint and working on Sprint for five months?  I have the Sprint store receipt and Sprint's Electronic Subscriber Agreement (Customer Summary) document that shows the IMEI/MEID of my son's Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition having been activated on January 18, 2017. 

This is how Sprint lists the factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition on their documentation "(SAM EXP G935U 32G SV XSG)." 

FullSizeRender.jpgThe back of the box of a factory unlocked Samsung Galaxy S7 edge Special Edition

10 REPLIES 10
Sprint Social Care

Re: IMEI/MEID is either not in the system or it's an incompatible brand...

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Allow us to take a closer look into this. Check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Master

@perdy
Was this resolved?
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

@Dj_Damjano wrote:
@perdy
Was this resolved?

No, it has not been resolved.  I'm still waiting to hear back from Sprint_Jeffrey.

Master

Go to This Link and under International Tab, you will have a chat option.

Chat with them and tell them to check your IMEI# and make sure nothing is weird with it.

After that ask them to see why the phone is not able to be activated.

Another question I had: Did your Son pay all bills before moving to another carrier? if yes, when was that? 

Sometimes it might be up to 30 days for the account to clear out and the phone to be released (it can happen even if it is unlocked)

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

@Dj_Damjano wrote:

Go to This Link and under International Tab, you will have a chat option.

Chat with them and tell them to check your IMEI# and make sure nothing is weird with it.

After that ask them to see why the phone is not able to be activated.

Another question I had: Did your Son pay all bills before moving to another carrier? if yes, when was that? 

Sometimes it might be up to 30 days for the account to clear out and the phone to be released (it can happen even if it is unlocked)

My son ported out his Sprint number to Virgin Mobile with his newly purchased at Apple store iPhone, then he paid his Sprint bill in full.  After that, he briefly activated his Samsung Galaxy S7 edge on Tello (a Sprint MVNO).  Then he swapped out his S7 edge with a Moto phone.  All unlocked phones.  Did my son's activating his Galaxy S7 edge on Tello mess things up?

Sprint Social Care

Good Morning Perdy. That's exactly the reason why we are no longer able to activate the device. In order for us to activate it, the device must be registered in our database. If the device it's activated with another carrier, it gets removed from our database automatically and for us to activate it again, we must submit a ticket.

Check your inbox, I replied to your private message.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello ,

Master

I'm glad it is up and working now.
Journeyman

Yes, me too! Thanks again! You're all great!

Sprint Social Care

We're glad your requests were completed successfully. Thank you for the feedback and for taking the time to bring your concerns.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat