cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Edge looping Samsung logo bootloader screen wont boot past Samsung logo

Journeyman

S7 Edge looping Samsung logo bootloader screen wont boot past Samsung logo

Will go into Recovery and Download mode but will NOT go into Safe mode. Loops Samsung logo screen over and over until phone dies. Also when in Recovery mode if I select "View Recovery Logs" it goes to Androids "Installing System Updates"  screen for about 5 seconds then jumps right back to Recovery Mode menu. It is possible I am not doing the right steps to enter Safe Mode, with phone off push power button until S7 Edge screen appears then let go of power button amd hold volume down. I also tried holding power button until Samsung logo screen then releasing and holding volume down. 

2 REPLIES 2
GrandMaster

Re: S7 Edge looping Samsung logo bootloader screen wont boot past Samsung logo

i believe you hold the volume down and power button at the same time..once you get the Samsung screen you let go of the power button but keep holding onto the volume down..i think @Dj_Damjano posted it recently..one sec.. i'll see if i can find it.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Re: S7 Edge looping Samsung logo bootloader screen wont boot past Samsung logo

found it. page two second to last post by Dj_Damjano https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-S7-edge/G935PVPU4BQF3-Update/td-p/964767/page/2
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat