cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe battery drain from latest Sprint update

Go to solution
Journeyman

Severe battery drain from latest Sprint update

Is anyone else experiencing a severe battery drain after the latest update (version G935PVPU2APE1/G935PSPT2APE1/G935PVPU2APE1)?

Since downloading this update, I'm struggling to make it through a 12 hour day with light use when I used to get upwards of 20 hours in the same amount of time with identical usage. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Severe battery drain from latest Sprint update

Moved to Customer Service

GrandMaster

more than likely you will need to back up your phone and perform a factory reset. before jumping to that though look up how to do a partition wipe on your device so see if that fixes anything or not..if that doesnt work then the update itself might not have loaded correctly or it might not have dumped all the old info when the new update came in and its now conflicting.

which phone do you have?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

thanks for responding. i have the galaxy s7 edge and it's only a couple months old. i really would like to avoid doing a factory reset, but i suspect you're right and that there are just too many conflicts

GrandMaster

the newer styled phones are a bit easier to deal with Factory reset wise now days. for the Samsung line there is something you can download onto your computer that will help back everything up prior to a FR as well as directly help with updates. for the life of me i cant remember what its called now. smart switch? before that it was called kies but its designed by samsung. im trying to think of a poster in here that helps that would know what youre needing to do and look for. give me a bit..brain isnt quite firing on all cylinders just yet lol.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

Dj_Damjano

Journeyman

Unfortunately, the battery is no better even after a factory reset and a fraction of my original apps. I don't know what this most recent Sprint update consisted of, but whatever it was has resulted in a reduced battery life of at least 30%.

GrandMaster

if you pull up battery usage what all is showing as eating up the most battery in there?

Journeyman

Fireguy - thanks for your continued attention and efforts to help me resolve this issue. Believe it or not, by simply fully draining the battery, I was able to get it back to where it was (if not better). It seems to have recalibrated.

GrandMaster

i used to tell people to attempt that but was told it didnt help by techs lol..goes to show it does actually help lol.

GrandMaster

since your issue is now resolved if you dont mind go ahead and mark your answer as the correct answer..im going to mark this thread to see if the moderator can move it back to the S7 forum in case anyone else runs into something like this..it'll give them something to attempt at least.

marking your answer as the correct answer highlights it for others that do a search for S7 and battery drain.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat