cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint update

Just installed update today and thought it was Nougat but I guess it was for something else. Cause when i went to check it was still 6.0.1

When the Nougat will start rolling out. Anybody knows ?

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Sprint update

did it say what the update contained? usually it will say what its going to be doing. by chance was it a security update?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Community Manager

I don't have a document I can upload here but I checked on the update for you. Today's document contained security and network items.  We don't know about the Nougat update yet; generally Sprint employees find out at the same time as customers.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Journeyman

This update is causing massive battery drain usage.  Phone has been off the charger for under 2hrs with pretty much no usage and the phone is at 91%.   Battery usage shows Android system at 95% and Android OS at 14% and nothing else.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

new updates tend to do that from time to time. you can perform a cache/partition wipe on the device to see if it clears it up but usually after a few days it will level back out. basically new abilities etc that they phone is adjusting to.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

I am a beta tester for Samsung and they stopped pushing updates to the N OS, which means that the OS is stable and good to go. Their last statement to us is that they will try to start rollout by mid Jan.
****Keep in mind, rollouts do not start in US first, so we will see them in Europe and Asia first and than in US.
Europe saw the update on the 17th, so soon it will be here too.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery drain started happening yesterday.  I had no recent software update and barely any activity on the phone.  I make around 3 phone calls a week, 10-20 texts and I take pictures and about 3 short videos per week.  Before yesterday the phone was about 5% drained per day sitting on my desk.  Yesterday PM it was warm and completely drained.  I need a phone, not a heater.

I have power saving mode turned on.  Ultra power saving makes the phone pretty much useless.  I turn off everything possible to turn off.  The only mistake I made once is turning off "play services" which made the phone useless.  But there are certainly many other things that I can't turn off that should be turned off.

The battery usage screen is useless. The predicted usage is wrong, based on prior data before the phone broke and shows adequate life remaining even as the battery drops off a cliff.  App power saving is on.  Apps screen shows 4: Mycellium wallet, QR Code reader, RadarScope and Swiss Review.  I have not used any of those for weeks.

Problem 1: I can't see what is chewing the battery.  Problem 2: I can't fix it.  Problem 3: too many useless settings screens that do nothing.  I need a phone with decent battery life, that is the most important factor and should be the primary consideration for any updates or changes.

Highlighted
Journeyman

One more thing: wifi is off.  Early on I figured out how to stop the phone from turning on wifi automatically.  I can understand Sprint wanting to keep people off their network but I appreciated the ability to turn that "feature" off.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

restart your phone and it will clear any and all recent apps you have used. run the phone for about an hour or so then go back in and see what all is chewing up battery. if youre not seeing anything out of the norm try to do a cache/partition wipe on the device. you wont lose any personal info like a FR but it will clear unused/old files from your device that it might be hanging onto for no reason.
Highlighted
Master

Based on what you say, your battery used to last about 20days? (5% a day).
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you forget to use your phone, don't forget to charge it. Also, once a week, try to restart it.
Many things affect battery and the main ones are the screen and the phone looking for service.
If the phone got hot before you saw the issues, there was definitely something working on the background, the only time mine gets hot is when I multi task or use gearVR.
What is your expectation on the battery?
What software and PRL version you have?
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the replies.  Normally drops from 100% in the AM to 95% when I get home, thus the 5%.  But it would drop another 8% or so overnight if I don't plug it in, plus 5% or more the next day, etc.  Definitely won't last 20 days, and I do plug it in as much as possible to preserve the battery.

I restarted and now it says "battery usage data not available".  It's at 98% since I had it unplugged for a few minutes.  Software version says G920PVPU4CPL3  HW is G920P02  I don't know PRL but I did update PRL and update Profile this morning in the hopes of improvement.

My frustration is doing absolutely nothing yesterday and having a sudden change in performance.  I have auto-updates turned off although it updates things regardless.

Highlighted
Master

You will see a lot of apps updating for the N push. I have to say your battery is normal with what you use.
If you go under Settings and search for running services, you will see all the apps running, you will be surprised how many run in the background.
PLEASE DO NOT turn all of them off, you will mess up your phone (well... until you restart it), but many of those apps have to run in the background.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat