Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Message Issues (SMS/MMS)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Text Message Issues (SMS/MMS)

*I have recently switched from Apple iPhone 6 to my GS7 Edge.  I have determined that my phone number is disassociated from iMessage.

Android version: Marshmallow 6.0.1

Issues:

1.   What are some of the reasons why some text messages (SMS/MMS) show up in Gmail?  How do I get this to stop?

2.   Why during a group conversation will I receive some, but not all messages sent from various iPhone users?  Sitting next to an iPhone user, I can see all the messages in the group chat.  I just am not receiving them on my GS7.

Your help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: Text Message Issues (SMS/MMS)

Lonestar_Schwartz

We still don't have your number. Let's address this issue in a more private conversation. Click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Lonestar_Schwartz

Thank you for reaching out to us. Let's make sure that your device is not associated with iMessage. Do you still have your old iPhone? If so, tap Settings > Messages, and turn iMessage off. If you don't have the device with you,

1. Go to: https://selfsolve.apple.com/deregister-imessage
    • Browser requirement are Safari, Firefox, Chrome, or Internet Explorer 9 or higher.
  2. Enter the phone number to deregister from iMessage, and click Send Code
    • Apple texts a confirmation code. This text message is free.
  3. Enter the 6-digit code Apple sent to confirm deregistration, and click Submit.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello Jeffrey,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, I have previously completed this step as part of my troubleshooting.

Could this issue be an Android version issue or a Sprint data encryption issue?  I never experienced these issues until I came back to Android.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Lonestar_Schwartz

Got you! I want you to send a test message to your 10-digit Sprint phone number using the on-device messaging application. Let me know if the message goes thru and you don't get it or if the message is not send.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you already have my number?  How can I send it privately?  Also, as you are a Sprint customer, I feel that your text will be delivered.  I should have provided this information prior, but I have received texting issues with Verizon and AT&T subscribers; mostly on group chats.  The text messages, I think maybe MMS.  I receive them via email, names are phone numbers and email extensions are @mms.att.com and @vzwpix.com

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Lonestar_Schwartz

We still don't have your number. Let's address this issue in a more private conversation. Click here and send me a Private Message. Please include your phone number and security PIN.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat