cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the Edge Display on the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

In using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, my favorite feature is the beauty of this device and its curved edges, which do provide some cool functionality.

To me, the curved screen seems to add to the screen real estate of the device. In my opinion, we need as much screen space as possible. It also looks so fluid and smooth to see your screen curve around the edge. In addition, the GS7 Edge has multiple “edge feeds” and “edge panels.”

Screenshot_20160717-130542.png

Edge Panels

While your main screen is turned on, to access the edge (providing your edge is set to the right) you will see a little edge handle on the right side (right side is default). Press and drag that edge handle over to the left and your edge panel will display. You can then continue to swipe from right to left to access the multiple edge panels you selected. You can select up to 9 edge panels. Also, you can download edge panels as well, so be sure to take a look at all of your options. 

Screenshot_20160717-124557.pngScreenshot_20160717-124710.pngScreenshot_20160717-124610.png

To select and download your edge panels, you need to access edge panels settings. Visit SETTINGS > EDGE SCREEN > EDGE PANELS.  Or, you can hit the settings icon when you’re viewing one of your edge panels.

Screenshot_20160717-124548.png

Edge Feeds

Edge Feeds are sort of like a ticker that will show you live data. They show up on the left side of the device rather than the right. My favorite one is the step counter, which keeps track of my steps throughout the day.

Screenshot_20160717-131919.png

I was able to select and download 8 Edge feeds to cycle through. To select your edge feeds, go to SETTINGS > EDGE SCREEN > EDGE FEEDS.  There you can download some more edge feeds and select the ones you want to show up on your edge. If you see a pen at the bottom of a feed you’re selecting, that means you are able to customize the feed to your liking. For example, you may want to customize your RSS feeds (RSS feeds edge screen is not on the device by default, but is available as a free download), or you may want to customize the stock feed, or perhaps the briefing feed. You can also change the timeout time. I set mine to the max of 10 minutes for demonstration and testing purposes.

To view your Edge feeds, swipe your finger along the left edge left back and forth in one quick motion while the main screen is turned off. Your edge feed will display.

In the past, I have used the GS6 Edge and Note Edge, and this GS7 Edge is the best of them all. I find it more user friendly to access (at least for me it is). I really enjoy the added benefits of the edge over the flat devices. They make a difference and are aesthetically pleasing as well.

If you haven’t purchased your GS7 Edge yet, you can do so at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #samsunggalaxys7edge #samsung #galaxy #edge #gs7edge #gs7 #sprintproductambassadors