cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video Chat

Go to solution
Journeyman

Video Chat

Do you have to have the same carrier, sprint, tmobile, aTT...etc in order to use the video chat feature?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Video Chat

if youre talking about the video chat/calls Verizon currently has its a built in carrier specific ability they have right now. for them it only works for Verizon phones that are able to use their advanced calling features. as pointed out above you can do it with a number of apps out there but the other person must be using the same app in order for it to work.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Wizard

No.

There are prob 10 most popular chat apps. Doesn't matter what carrier.

Try Hangouts.

Highlighted
Master

Hello TANO.Davis,

No, if you use a third party application for video chat as long as the other user has the same application installed on their device, they don't need to be from the same carrier.

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

if youre talking about the video chat/calls Verizon currently has its a built in carrier specific ability they have right now. for them it only works for Verizon phones that are able to use their advanced calling features. as pointed out above you can do it with a number of apps out there but the other person must be using the same app in order for it to work.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat