cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wrong phone

Hi, can someone help. I bought my phone off ebay from what i thought was a reputable company in the UK. I found out after thinking i hadn't set it right that i had bought an american version which i cant activate & wont allow me to send or receive mms. Samsung uk say they cant help & i have to get in touch with sprint. Can anyone help please? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Master

Re: Wrong phone

Unfortunately, you may have to go back to the reputable company you bought it from. If you didn't buy it from Sprint, i'm not sure they can do anything for you. Unless it's a world phone.

Your best how is that it is a world phone and you can simply get it unlocked and put a new SIM inside for your area, but not all phones are world phones. Hopefully yours is.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Master

No matter if it is a world phone or not, if you are here in US, you can still use it, as long as it is not reported lost or stolen.
For some countries 9if you are not in the US), you might need to manually add the carrier settings on your phone even if the phone is unlocked.
To verify if the phone is clean, just call sprint and they will check the IMEI for you.
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

is it currently on your Sprint account? if so is the only issue MMS messages or is data not working as well? also if youre already using it do you have a sim card in it? Sprints sim card?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Yeah, I'm thinking he's in the UK though as he contacted Samsung UK and bought it from a UK company. My guess is he was hoping for a phone to be used in the UK. But, we'll find out when he responds.  🙂

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat