cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 edge

0 Comments

dummy message body for move

0 Comments

Sometimes, cases can be a bit “dull,” right?  You know you need to protect your device, but you don’t want it to look “blah.” Well, OtterBox has a solution for you… the OtterBox Symmetry Series Graphics Case for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I have been using a few different cases on my GS7 Edge, one of which is the Symmetry Series Graphics Case by OtterBox, the number one most trusted brand in cell phone case protection.

The OtterBox Symmetry Series Graphics Case is pretty cool looking, and they have several exclusive design options from which to choose…

• Under My Skin
  • Perfected Angle
  • Gumballs
  • Graffiti

The one I have been using is “Gumballs,” which is quite colorful and fun. I have received several compliments on it while using it out and about.

20160717_123958.jpg

The OtterBox Symmetry Series Graphics Case is slim and sleek, and does not add a layer of bulk to your GS7 Edge.  It fits extremely well, showcases the edge screen beautifully, has cutouts that work well with all ports, and the buttons fit well inside the case also.

20160717_124023.jpg

20160717_124028.jpg

20160717_124052.jpg

20160717_124102.jpg

The case is just one piece, unlike some of OtterBox’s other cases that are two pieces. It is constructed of synthetic rubber and polycarbonate. It has a raised bumper, protecting it from scratches. It is simple to take on and off, which I like. Also, wireless charging works well with this case.

The case protects quite wonderfully, and has certified Drop+ Protection by OtterBox, which means it underwent 29 tests and over 238 hours of testing:

• UV Test
  • Camera Test
  • High Temp & Humidty Test
  • Cold Storage Test
  • Thermal Shock Test
  • Hand Lotion Resistance Test
  • Makeup Resistance Test
  • Jeans Pocket Test
  • Abrasion Test
  • Ambient Light Sensor Test
  • Proximity Sensor Test
  • Fingerprint Sensor Test
  • NFC Connectivity Test
  • Insertion Removal Test
  • Button Compatibility Test
  • Port Compatibility Test
  • Fit Test
  • Call Audio Test
  • Voice Command Recognition Test
  • Loudspeaker Test
  • Touchscreen Compatibility Test
  • Switch Compatibility Test
  • Purse Test
  • CaviWipe ® Test
  • Purell® Wipe Test
  • Rubbing Alcohol Test
  • Cross-Cut Adhesion Test
  • Sweat Test
  • Drop Test

I’ve been very happy using the OtterBox Symmetry Series Graphics case. The one I have is super cute, slips well in and out of my pockets, and offers superior protection for the GS7 Edge.

You can purchase the OtterBox Symmetry Series Graphics Case for  the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from the OtterBox website. Oh, and if you haven’t purchased your GS7 Edge yet, you can do so at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #samsunggalaxys7edge #samsung #galaxy #edge #gs7edge #gs7 #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

Today, devices can cost a pretty penny. And when you purchase a stellar device like a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you will definitely want some good protection. 

I have been using a few different cases on my GS7 Edge, one of which is the Commuter Series case by OtterBox.

20160717_124148.jpg

20160717_124138.jpg

I’m sure you’re familiar with OtterBox, as it is the number one most trusted name in device protection. However, you might not be aware that not all of their cases are big and bulky. For example, this Commuter series case is actually pretty sleek, yet fully protects your device.

This case offers certified Drop+ Protection by OtterBox, which means it underwent 29 tests and over 238 hours of testing:

• UV Test
  • Camera Test
  • High Temp & Humidty Test
  • Cold Storage Test
  • Thermal Shock Test
  • Hand Lotion Resistance Test
  • Makeup Resistance Test
  • Jeans Pocket Test
  • Abrasion Test
  • Ambient Light Sensor Test
  • Proximity Sensor Test
  • Fingerprint Sensor Test
  • NFC Connectivity Test
  • Insertion Removal Test
  • Button Compatibility Test
  • Port Compatibility Test
  • Fit Test
  • Call Audio Test
  • Voice Command Recognition Test
  • Loudspeaker Test
  • Touchscreen Compatibility Test
  • Switch Compatibility Test
  • Purse Test
  • CaviWipe ® Test
  • Purell® Wipe Test
  • Rubbing Alcohol Test
  • Cross-Cut Adhesion Test
  • Sweat Test
  • Drop Test

The OtterBox Commuter Series case provides excellent drop protection, dust protection, and scratch protection. It easily slides in and out of your pockets.

The buttons push well when the GS7 Edge is in the case, and the headphone jack and microUSB ports are covered when not in use.

20160717_124144.jpg

20160717_124154.jpg

20160717_124215.jpg

This case is double layered. The one I have is the “Bahama Way” color, which has a grayish-blue synthetic rubber internal slipcover, and an aqua blue polycarbonate exterior shell, offering even more protection against drops, scratches and shock.

OtterBox even offers a video showing you how to put on the OtterBox Commuter Series case, in case you need some guidance...

I’ve been very satisfied using the OtterBox Commuter Series case, as it is slim enough to fit into my pocket and purse, and offers outstanding protection for the GS7 Edge. You can purchase the OtterBox Commuter Series for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge from the OtterBox website. Oh, and if you haven’t purchased your GS7 Edge yet, you can do so at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #samsunggalaxys7edge #samsung #galaxy #edge #gs7edge #gs7 #sprintproductambassadors

0 Comments

In using my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, my favorite feature is the beauty of this device and its curved edges, which do provide some cool functionality.

To me, the curved screen seems to add to the screen real estate of the device. In my opinion, we need as much screen space as possible. It also looks so fluid and smooth to see your screen curve around the edge. In addition, the GS7 Edge has multiple “edge feeds” and “edge panels.”

Screenshot_20160717-130542.png

Edge Panels

While your main screen is turned on, to access the edge (providing your edge is set to the right) you will see a little edge handle on the right side (right side is default). Press and drag that edge handle over to the left and your edge panel will display. You can then continue to swipe from right to left to access the multiple edge panels you selected. You can select up to 9 edge panels. Also, you can download edge panels as well, so be sure to take a look at all of your options. 

Screenshot_20160717-124557.pngScreenshot_20160717-124710.pngScreenshot_20160717-124610.png

To select and download your edge panels, you need to access edge panels settings. Visit SETTINGS > EDGE SCREEN > EDGE PANELS.  Or, you can hit the settings icon when you’re viewing one of your edge panels.

Screenshot_20160717-124548.png

Edge Feeds

Edge Feeds are sort of like a ticker that will show you live data. They show up on the left side of the device rather than the right. My favorite one is the step counter, which keeps track of my steps throughout the day.

Screenshot_20160717-131919.png

I was able to select and download 8 Edge feeds to cycle through. To select your edge feeds, go to SETTINGS > EDGE SCREEN > EDGE FEEDS.  There you can download some more edge feeds and select the ones you want to show up on your edge. If you see a pen at the bottom of a feed you’re selecting, that means you are able to customize the feed to your liking. For example, you may want to customize your RSS feeds (RSS feeds edge screen is not on the device by default, but is available as a free download), or you may want to customize the stock feed, or perhaps the briefing feed. You can also change the timeout time. I set mine to the max of 10 minutes for demonstration and testing purposes.

To view your Edge feeds, swipe your finger along the left edge left back and forth in one quick motion while the main screen is turned off. Your edge feed will display.

In the past, I have used the GS6 Edge and Note Edge, and this GS7 Edge is the best of them all. I find it more user friendly to access (at least for me it is). I really enjoy the added benefits of the edge over the flat devices. They make a difference and are aesthetically pleasing as well.

If you haven’t purchased your GS7 Edge yet, you can do so at Sprint.

0 Comments

In the past, I have written many blogs about how and why we should invest in a good case for our devices. So I will avoid that aspect of the conversation and jump right into the case I am currently using for my S7 Edge.

With the edge phones from Samsung, it is always an interesting challenge especially because the edge seems fragile and if you cover it, whats the point? However, Spigen, just like in the past have come up with several options that could fit into every lifestyle. I was fortunate to find the Spigen Ultra Hybrid for the Galaxy S7 Edge

The Ultra Hybrid comes in 3 colors but I chose the clear one as I felt a case should not hide the beauty of the S7 Edge. The case has very snug and covers all the necessary aspects of protection one could desire from a case for this device. It gives the Edge a nice all around barrier using their "MIL-STD" feature and "Air cushion technology" that allows you to confidently use the device without any fear of damage.

Catchy Image eh?

The case's edges are made from a Flexible TPU while the back is harder. The touch is soft though, making it easy to grip yet harder to slip, in my opinion a great combination!

I really like the way it feels in my hand and it does not feel over burdened or "big" like some of the other options. I have admired Spigen's cases and I hope they will continue and we get to use their cases on newer devices.

Until Next Time

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge offers users a Game Launcher feature which gives the users different options to use, both in game, and outside of it.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOjOxmF1WvRJi_bgT73h_Fzaf8oleescIqljpE

First and foremost, it gives a user a singular platform or launcher to store all of your games.  As opposed to going in to the phone launcher and scrolling through all of your apps, they can all be stored here.  Although this can also be achieved by creating a folder just for your games, this launcher also integrates with various services to give you quick access to high scores and featured videos of gameplay, as well as toggle switches for in game options.

The game features are really what make the Game Launcher a nice companion for the avid Android gamer.  First is the toggle to enable or disable alerts during game play.  So for those of you who play real time online games, you know how annoying it can be, especially in racing or battle games, when an SMS or email or other alert comes through and pauses the game.  This feature will completely disable alerts while you are playing games that have been launched through the Game Launcher.  And of course, when you finish your game, the alerts are enabled again.  Small but useful feature for Android gamers.

The other feature is the toggle for the Game Tools.  Game Tools are housed in a floating button that allows you to toggle certain features and use some nifty add-ons while you are in a game.  Those features are:

1)    No Alerts during game ? turns off all alerts from outside of the game

2)    Lock Recents and Back keys ? recent and back keys don?t work at all until this is toggled off

3)    Minimize game ? minimizes the game to a small floating head

4)    Screenshot ? picture of the screen

5)    Record ? record video of gameplay and optional selfie video

6)    Settings ? more settings for all features

These are really neat features that any gamer might want to use on their phone.  Unfortunately, there are a few considerations when using some of these features.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOO1MaqdWH9mPWrVCWvCy7d1pD9HhoUBSq2Uqk

Screenshot ? good luck trying to get a screenshot of heavy action during a game.  When you tap the features launcher, it sits on top of your game, and your game screen is no longer touch sensitive until you tap the launcher again or tap a button? and when you tap Screenshot, it can take 2 seconds for the screen shot to capture.  You can see in my shot of Aliens vs. Pinball that the pinball is probably already down the drain.

Record ? Super cool feature, and you can use the phone microphone to record your own commentary, or you can use the game?s direct audio.  The problem with using the phone?s microphone is that if the volume on the game is only a little bit high, it will completely drown out your commentary.  I recommend using the master volume at only 25% so you can hear yourself comment on the game.

I?ve posted the link to the Youtube video I recorded here.  I think Samsung has put a lot of thought in to this mini launcher, not only for the gamers out there, but also for the Youtube game watcher sub-culture that has recently exploded.  This definitely makes it easy to record yourself playing video games without having to purchase a pricey piece of hardware or software in place.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think of the pix and vids!

D

0 Comments

Don’t say better.

WHATEVER YOU DO – DO NOT SAY BETTER.

It’s not polite to the nice people that cook beautiful meals for us.  They work for hours over a hot stove or in a hot kitchen, toiling through the prep work and the mixing and the plating and the presentation.  And after all that, you are going to tell them that it looks BETTER on camera than it does in person?

I’m telling you from experience – don’t say it looks BETTER.  Just say it looks REALLY good.

That said, the food camera on the #SamsungGalaxyS7Edge makes food look REALLY good.  How does it do it?  For those of you who are on Instagram, you’ll notice some of the features that are bundled in this special camera setting.  It is a combination setting of selective focus, vignette framing, and a filter that brightens the colors to make everything look REALLY colorful and tasty.

I’m not much of a photographer, but I must say that I get a TON of hits/likes/shares/etc. on my food pics that I post on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.  People just like to look at pictures of food.  Fortunately the S7 Edge makes it easy to share photos, and with these special camera settings, you’ll be able to enhance your social network presence while also immortalizing your masterful gourmet creations, simply by using a free and easy camera setting on your phone!

Sample pix of my food – 2 dishes prepared by me, and one by my lovely wife.  Can you guess which one is which?

20160519_145853.jpg20160520_094900.jpgIMG-20160525-WA0011.jpg

Bon appetite!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Are you worried about the health of your device or maybe you are a person who is looking for additional support for your shiny new Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge device.

Over the last few galaxy devices in which I had access to. I have noticed one beefed up little app that comes preinstalled on Samsung Galaxy devices. The App is called Samsung+ Samsungimage.pngand it is your personally gateway that provides  highlights, Explore and Galaxy life. This app is packed with a lot of information that can be useful in trying to resolve issues with your device or just to learn more about your new device and other Samsung products in which you love.

When you first fire up the app, you will be greeted with a personalized Hello Page.

From here you will see Featured topics such as: Live Support on Samsung+, Active Help, Device Diagnostics, Community Buzz, Advanced features to get you aquatinted with your new Galaxy S7 Edge, new products that will work with your device such as the Gear VR and tips and tricks that will bring laughter and fun for the whole family.

Screenshot_20160602-190800.png

A couple of my favorite article Tips are the "Host the Ultimate Brunch" and the "Emergency uses for your Phone's camera"

Under the Explore tab you can take advantage of topics to simplify your life using a Samsung device. Getting Started is my favorite section and I highly encourage beginners and Novice users to check it out. In fact, the getting started guide includes videos for those who do not care for reading as well as pictures and diagrams to help you to get to know your device or should I say to help your device get to know you. ;-). Either way, you can't go wrong with this section.

My favorite topic is the "7 Unique Galaxy S7 edge Features that make your life Easier" I am not sure about you, but I need all the help I can get.

Screenshot_20160602-193451.png

1. Lighting Up the Night
  2. No-Touch-ifcations i.e.no-touch notification
  3. Purge the Purse
  4. Expanding your Horizons
  5. No Wires, More Time
  6. Switching Smarter
  7. Supporting Your Skinny Jeans

So, you may be asking, what type of support does Samsung+ offers?

You can get answers related to common questions for:

• Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
  • Setup/Configuration
  • Device Features
  • Calling Features
  • Battery/Power
  • Account & Profile

Screenshot_20160602-191247.png

If the Q/A doesn't help, you can get Live help24 hours a day by calling or you can Video Chat from 7am-10pm CST. These support services are provided by Samsung.

Screenshot_20160602-194614.pngScreenshot_20160602-200558.png

Last and surely not least, you can do a quick Diagnostic on your device that will include the following and some additional details in assisting you with your device.

• Battery Forecast/Optimizer
  • Data Monitor
  • Speed Test
  • Storage Manager

Screenshot_20160602-200555.pngScreenshot_20160602-200200.png

Overall, there is a wealth of information that can help you to self-manage your device, learn about new features and products and how to keep your device in tip top shape.

So, go ahead check out the Samsung+ on your new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. For those of you who do not have this device. Head on over to www.sprint.com and check out our current offers.

Get a $200 guaranteed trade-in toward Samsung Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge or Galaxy Note5 | Sprint Newsroom http://sprint.co/1sUWGEs

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.

All screenshots were taken from my Galaxy S7 edge. Samsung+ icon taken from Google App store.

0 Comments

Product Ambassador: Samsung Galaxy S7 App Edge

Recently I just acquired the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and one of the things in which I was looking forward to how the new and improved functionality of the Edge feature. When I first heard about the expanded window of the edge apps and the option to customize it more over its predecessor, I was sold.

After having the device for a couple of weeks, I am even more sold on how well and efficiently this device is performing. In fact, several of my friends were already using the Galaxy S7 or the S7 Edge. All of them expressed how well they love their device.

For me, the first item on my bucket list was to try out the famous rounded edge on the device. The first thing I noticed is that the indicator bar to access the Edge panel is about an ½ inch longer than what I had noticed on the Galaxy 6 edge. It is the white bar on the right hand side of my screenshot below. This makes it easy for me to access the edge panel on the first swipe.

Screenshot_1.png

Once you swipe towards the left this is where you will see a double panel versus the single panel you may have experienced on the Galaxy S6 Edge. With a simple tap of an icon of your choosing,  you can select and slide it to the remove bin or you can select one of the open + slots to add any of your most frequently used apps to the panel which would give you access to 10 of the customizable options in which you have access to. I especially appreciate this because now I can select apps that really matters to me. However, Samsung did not just stop there. In the lower left column you will see a gear and four additional areas in which you can access.

Screenshot_20160531-151117.png

First up, the settings gear.

Here you can access additional settings labeled as Edge panels. This window gives you the options to position your panel on the right or the left side of you device. You can even adjust the size of accessing the panel from small which is about ½ inch, medium 1 inch and large which is about two inches.

Next there is Transparency that gives you the option of adjusting the transparency from 0% to 100% on how dim or bright you would like to have the panel bar to display on your screen.  Personally, 35% seems to work for me. So, what?s your number?

Screenshot_20160531-153243.png

Lastly, you have the option to adjust the positioning of where you would like to access the panel for example you can have it positioned in any of the 6 positions such has top, middle or more towards the bottom. In the above screenshot my selection is in the 4th position.

Back on the main Edge panel there are options to manage:

Apps

Screenshot_20160531-152027.png

Task

Screenshot_20160602-164743.png

People i.e. Contacts

Screenshot_20160602-164754.png

My places

Screenshot_20160602-165632.png

Yahoo Sports

Screenshot_20160602-165208.png

Quick Access

Screenshot_20160602-165313.png

CNN

Screenshot_20160602-165420.png

Samsung Milk Music

Music

Yahoo News feed

Yahoo Finance

Calendar

Weather

Quick Tools

Active Help

I think you have the idea of what you can do with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Feel free to stop by any of our Sprint retail stores for a test drive. I am sure you will enjoy the feel, look and power of the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity

0 Comments

So you get this GORGEOUS Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge device, and the last thing you want to do is cover this beautifully crafted piece of hardware with a case. I feel your pain, and have toyed with the idea of going commando with this device myself. Thankfully, Spigen has come to rescue, protecting this device and keeping its beauty in tact.

Introducing the Galaxy S7 Edge Crystal Shell Case by Spigen.

s7_edge_crystal_shell_title_02_0318fc36-e981-4b47-8c36-bab7ede044f8_1024x1024.jpg

The Crystal Shell case looks fantastic on this device, keeps it slim and sleek, and lets the device’s beauty shine through, all while offering protection.

The Crystal Shell case by Spigen is clear and has a Military Grade Certified Drop Protection Air Cushion Technology TPU bumper. Yes, that’s right… military grade drop protection!  It has four corner guards for reinforced protection against impact. It also has buttons that are easy to press and work extremely well with the Galaxy S7 Edge device.

s7_edge_crystal_shell_title_01_grande.jpg

The case’s dimensions are 3.07 inches wide, by 6.12 inches tall, and only .44 inches thin. It keeps your device thin and looking great. The material is a polycarbonate/TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) and slides easily in and out of your pocket.

s7_edge_crystal_shell_detail01_grande.jpg

If you’re looking for a case for the Galaxy S7 Edge, I strongly recommend Spigen’s Crystal Shell  case. For more information, visit: http://www.spigen.com/products/galaxy-s7-edge-case-crystal-shell

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #samsunggalaxys7edge #samsung #galaxy #edge #gs7edge #gs7 #sprintproductambassadors #spigen

0 Comments

If you have a current Samsung device and you are not using Samsung Pay, you definitely should be! This is the best mobile payment system around, accepted at more locations than any other mobile payment system.

Screenshot_20160602-142238.png

The issue with other mobile payment systems (other than Samsung Pay) is that they can only be used with NFC enabled POS terminals. The differentiator with Samsung Pay is that is works with NFC, EMV, and also works with MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission). This means that you can use Samsung Pay at most POS terminals, as almost all terminals have MST. Because of this, Samsung Pay is accepted at more places than any other mobile payment service. Another item to note is Samsung's security. Samsung Pay uses digital tokenization, Samsung KNOX, and fingerprint authentication to provide secure payments.

Well, we have a super incentive for you to get started and jump right into using Samsung Pay. Between now and the end of July 2016, you could earn up to $100 in gift cards from Samsung just for using Samsung Pay. Watch this video for full details:

Now that you are excited about using Samsung Pay for its convenience, security, and earning some gift cards, let me tell you how simple it is to get started. Simply open the Samsung Pay app on your device, add your credit and debit cards, membership cards, and gift cards. Samsung Pay will manage it all.

Screenshot_20160602-143453.png

Screenshot_20160602-143513.png

Screenshot_20160602-143518.png

So far in mine, I have my AMEX in there, my debit card, and my Sam's Club membership card. I need to get busy and add the rest of my membership cards, as the number of entity memberships Samsung Pay works with is quite extensive.

Screenshot_20160602-143532.png

Screenshot_20160602-143446.png

Once you have your cards in Samsung Pay and are ready to pay at a store, simply swipe up from the bottom to access Samsung Pay (or tap on the Samsung Pay app icon), use your fingerprint or pin to open the app, and hold your device next to the credit card machine to process your transaction.

Congratulations!  You are now a Samsung Pay user.  Welcome to 2016!  Just kidding.

0 Comments

There are some great iconic devices from which to choose if you're in the market for a new device. That being said, I suggest you take a good look at the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is a classy, handsome, high-end iconic device, yet affordable with the promotions that Sprint runs. It comes in three colors... Black Onyx, Silver Titanium, and Gold Platinum, and all three look fabulous.

device_475x575_a (2).pngdevice_475x575_a (1).pngdevice_475x575_a.png

The device is stunning with its curved edge display. Also, if you are someone who is all about the larger phones (such as the Note series), you will be happy with the S7 Edge, as its screen size is 5.5 inches. You are definitely getting some great display real estate with this device.

So let's talk under the hood. First, this device runs on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which is the smartest released Android OS to date. Next, power...this beast of a device is sporting a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 Quad-core processor along with 4GB of RAM. Yes, that is correct... 4GB of RAM. In addition, the device offers 32GB ROM (on board storage), and the MicroSD card slot is BACK! Time to rejoice, guys. This device will support a MicroSD card up to 200GB. Personally, I put my 128GB MicroSD card in my GS7 Edge, and now have 150GB of storage on this device. Pretty sweet, right?

So with all those beast-mode specs, how well does the battery work? Pretty darn well! The battery is a 3600 mAH lithium ion embedded battery and offers up to 36 hours of talk time.

Regarding height, width and weight (aka portability), this device is 5.94 inches tall, 2.86 inches wide, and has a very slim width of only .3 inches. Also, it weighs only 5.54 ounces. So light and slim, you won't even feel it in your pocket.

As an added bonus, this device has also comes with Wi-Fi calling, wireless charging, Samsung Pay, and much more.

The device is beautifully packaged. In the box you will receive your device, instruction manual, pin for opening the MicroSD card/SIM card slot, adaptive fast charging wall charger, USB cable, USB connector, and a 3.5 mm headset (that sounds awesome and stays well on your ears).

Please keep an eye out for my future blog posts about the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. On upcoming posts, I will review case recommendations, Samsung Pay, using the edges on the device and more.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #samsunggalaxys7edge #samsung #galaxy #edge #gs7edge #gs7

0 Comments

I find that with flagship, iconic devices, it’s very easy to get your hands on a case.  When it comes to a device that has as much buzz as the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, you can go in to almost any store and find a case that will provide you with ‘some’ level of protection.  HOWEVER… if you really want to wrap your handset up nicely with a level of protection that’s considered by many to be the top of the line, Otterbox is a great option.  There are various levels of protection which also allow the users various levels of customization. 

20160527_102539small.jpg20160527_102529small.jpgSymmetry:

The Symmetry case boasts a 1-piece, ultra slim design.  Maybe even more importantly, it is easy to put on and easy to take off.  There is both a neoprene and hard plastic aspect to this case, but they are seamlessly integrated, which lends it a much slimmer profile.  If you are looking for a “slimmer”, more subdued Otterbox, then the Symmetry is your best bet.

Commuter:

This is a Dual-Layer, relatively hefty case that FEELS more secure.  As much as there are users out there who would rather use a naked or minimalist case for a discreet, protective solution, there are just as many others who feel like they must have a case on there that feels like a substantial , imposing level of protection that also lends a sense of security to your newly activated S7 Edge.  Because it’s a dual layer solution, it does take more time and effort to put both layers on, with the neoprene fitting first, and then the hard shell sliding over top of the neoprene wrap.  You’ll also need to make sure that the neoprene flaps for the various ports match up correctly with their corresponding spaces on the outer plastic shell.

The Otterbox Commuter series is arguably the most protective case available.  Perhaps Lifeproof is the only other case manufacturer that can boast a higher level of protection, but with the IP 67 dust and water resistance rating that the S7 and S7 Edge have, there is not too much more protection you need to provide your phone.

S7 Edge considerations:

The S7 Edge’s screen design presents a “problem” for case manufacturers.  Because of the curved side edges, it is virtually impossible to create a screen protector that is integrated in to a case solution.  That said, the majority of cases for the S7 Edge are built with the “bumper” design in mind, which protects the edges UP TO the screen edges, but does not cover the screen itself.  It’s a sacrifice that S7 Edgers make in order to take advantage of the curved screen design.  However, it’s also something that you MUST consider when you are protecting your investment.

The only other consideration with regards to cases and the S7 Edge has to do with the water resistance aspect of this device.  We’ve all seen the commercials with people dropping their phones in a fountain or a pool, or even worse, pouring out bottles of high grade champagne over the handset.  My recommendation is that IF you have a case on your S7 Edge and it falls in the water or gets wet, that you should remove the case and dry the phone off.  Although the phone is water resistant, any pooled water that could be sitting between the case and the phone can eventually have a negative effect on the phone, whether it’s in the form of condensation that might pass through, or oxidation if it stays wet too long, or mold or other nasty biologicals which can grow in those moist conditions.  This is more common sense than anything, but in the spirit of this blog about protecting your device, it’s worth reminding the readers how to be smart with your device, even if you do use a high end protective case.

Enjoy!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

Many users out there question Samsung's design choices when it comes to TouchWiz. Many have also criticized the look and feel of this whole experience too. And every year, Samsung has constantly made minor updates to please the masses and as far as I know, they have done pretty well. But now they have really gone the extra mile.

Meet Samsung Good Lock. Samsung has made available an app in the Galaxy App Store that will change your lock screen, your notification panel on the top and many more things. They pretty much gave all the Android enthusiasts and everybody else alike a way to make their experience a bit more like stock Android. Lets dig in shall we...

In a nutshell, this new app allows you to do the following things:

• Customize your lock screen by
    • Add an app tray to the lock screen
    • Add widgets to show your most important information
  • Bring Stock Android Notifications to the home screen
  • Add profiles or "routines" that adapt to your situation

So how do you customize your lock screen? Well you have to start by downloading the app first. Once you install the app it will restart your phone, so be prepared for that.

Next you will be asked to set it up, follow the prompts - the setup is pretty straight forward. Once you finish the tutorial, create your Routine, pick a color and you are set.

Now you will be able to have a lock screen like this:

https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_011.jpg

You will have access to an app tray, which you can customize to your liking.https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_031.jpg

You can add your favorite widgets so you can control more of your content or be more informed

https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_041.jpg

https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_051.jpg

Notifications will also change where you have an option to "KEEP" some notifications for later use, sort of like a To Do list. You can also enable alarms to remind you of these notifications you have kept for "later"

https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_061.jpg

https://img.global.news.samsung.com/global/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/GL_0415_071.jpg

And finally, you have routines or profiles which can activate or deactivate things like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, change volume etc. based on location or time of day.

So go ahead, give it a shot!

BTW this app also works on the Samsung Note 5 and the Galaxy S6 series devices.

Images courtesy of Samsung

Until Next time

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Last year Samsung's S6 and S6 edge devices did away with the microSD card slot. Samsung thought most customers would not miss the change. Well...they were wrong. And they listened. So this year the microSD card slot is back!

Not only did Samsung reintroduce the SD card slot for S7 and S7 edge owners, but they went one step further by including a micro-USB to USB-A dongle adapter in the box. This means you can attach a normal USB "thumb drive" to your S7/S7 edge to back up or copy files and media. Below is pictured my S7 edge, the box and the micro-USB to USB-A adapter (the thumb drive is mine and does not come with the Galaxy device).

storage-1.jpg

There's no setting to change or check, just plug in the adapter and plug a thumb drive into the adapter. Voila! Instant storage for backing up files, copying media and saving photos. Once you plug in your thumb drive just tap on the USB storage option in the Storage settings (Settings > Storage).

storage-2.jpg

Even without the adapter and thumb drive you can configure your S7/S7 edge to use Google Drive as a cloud service for files, photos and media. Google gives all Gmail account owners at least 15 GB of free cloud storage. I own a Chromebook, which adds 200GB of Google Drive storage so combined together I have 215GB of Google cloud at my disposal.

storage-2g.jpg

But wait there's more!

Use the included SIM tool or a push-pin to pop out the SIM/microSD card tray from the top edge of the device and you now have access to the re-introduced microSD card storage slot. The device does not come with a microSD card so you have to "BYOC." The Galaxy S7/S7 edge devices support up to 200GB microSD memory cards. Note: The Galaxy S7/S7 edge devices do not support Android Marshmallow's Adoptable Storage, but you can still use the card for media storage.

storage-4.jpg

photo credit: phandroid.com

storage-5.jpg

photo credit: androidcentral.com

If you choose to use your own microSD card slot you will want to make sure your data stays protected even if you lose or misplace the memory card, or if your device is stolen. When you enable device encryption, the microSD card is not encrypted by default. Go into Settings > Lock screen and security > Encrypt SD card to encrypt the card to the device. Once you encrypt the card to the device it cannot be read unless or until it is reinserted back in the original device and the device is properly unlocked.

storage-6.jpg

photo credit: androidcentral.com

I hope you find these tips to be useful. Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

CJ

0 Comments

IMAG1075.jpgAs with any new handset, I HIGHLY recommend putting a case on your phone.  The extent to which you need a high level of protection from falls and scratches is completely up to your own personal preference.  However, in my humble opinion, you really HAVE to have a case on your device to protect your investment.  Even more so with the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.  Even though the cases do not completely cover or protect the entire EDGE of the device, it is still highly recommendable that you put something on it to protect against the slightest and most unluckiest of falls or drops.

In comes Spigen.

I love Spigen’s products. They are elegant.  They are effective. They are reasonably priced for the quality they provide.  IMAG1076.jpg

I have given the Spigen Crystal Shell a good run, and it seems to fit right in my wheelhouse.  They are sturdy enough to handle the daily rough and tumble of sharing a pocket with keys, and seems to do well on small drops.  I have NOT done a 4 foot drop test or anything else of significance, as I don’t want to push my luck.  However, the other side of the coin is that it feels almost like it’s not there. Unless you are used to using a phone without a case, I think the design of this Crystal Shell is the next best thing to carrying around a “naked” phone. 

First of all, it’s transparent, so you don’t lose any of the design aesthetic that was built in to the handset.  Maybe more importantly, it’s not bulky or unwieldy.  It doesn’t feel like you’ve wrapped your phone in a suit of plastic and neoprene armor.  It feels more natural.

I highly recommend this case and Spigen cases in general.  Even if you are averse to putting a case on your phone, I would give this one a shot, as it seems much like putting next to nothing on it all.

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Samsung really hit a homerun with their innovative and useful Edge screen. The Edge screen debuted a few years ago on the Note Edge, came back for encore on the Galaxy S6 edge, and continues to dazzle, and prove useful and efficient on the Galaxy S7 edge today.

I love the Edge screen on my new S7 edge. It's handy for quick access to most used apps. The Edge screen gives you fast and efficient access to the most frequently accessed information such as unread message counts, missed calls, sports scores, weather updates and status updates from favorite contacts. I'll show you how to set up your basic Edge screen features.

Go into your Settings and choose Edge screen from the quick settings option at the top, or scroll down to Edge screen in the main menu.

edge-1.jpg    edge-2.jpg

Select the Edge features you want to use.

edge-3.jpg

Edge panels are useful side-screens that you access from your Home screen that give you quick access to frequently used apps, contacts, updates and information. Enable the desired Edge panels by checking the box at the top of each panel type. You can edit the options of each panel by clicking the pencil icon at the bottom. You can also choose how transparent or opaque the Edge panel will be, and from which side you "pull" it open (left or right).

edge-4.png

Edge feeds are updates and information that you can access quickly when your Home screen is off (sleeping mode) with a quick swipe down-and-back-up of the rounded edge screen. As like above, choose which feeds you want to see and click the pencil at the bottom to customize. When you access an Edge feed from your (sleeping) screen you can "roll" the feed (swiping left or right) to see the next feed.

edge-5.jpg

If you've chosen the People edge (from Edge panels) you will be able to assign five of your favorite or most used contacts an individual color. Then you can use the Edge lighting option to know when you've missed a call, text message or email from one of those five contacts simply from the glowing edge light color when your device is face down. You will also see a color matched side bar on your Home or lock screen that when pulled open gives you quick access to be able to call, text or email them in return.

edge-8b.jpg

photo credit: Samsung.com

This is what a few of my Edge panels look like from my Home screen. Clearly I follow KC and Chicago area sports teams.

edge-6.png    edge-7.png

Have fun with your Edge panels, feeds and lighting! Once you get them set up and tuned to your liking I'm sure you will find they are useful and convenient. If you're like me you will wonder how you ever got along without them.

I hope you found these tips helpful in getting the most from your new Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.

CJ, your Sprint Product Ambassador.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Confession time: I was super-disappointed with the standard Samsung keyboard on my new Galaxy S7 edge.

It seemed like when I typed in a message or email there were a ton of spelling and grammatical errors. Okay, sure, most of those errors were MY fault...for being lazy. Like most smartphone users, I've become way too sedentary with my spelling and grammar, allowing my tech to auto-correct my lazy, rushed or haphazard messaging habits. I've sunk into relying on auto-correct too much. But my bad habits were born out of a lot of experience with good keyboards and excellent word and contextual prediction that seemed to know exactly what I was trying to say...'er type. So why was I getting such poor results from my shiny, new, best-in-technology Samsung Galaxy S7 edge?

I dug in and discovered the default settings were partially to blame.

After a few weeks of frustration with the spelling (or lack thereof) and grammatical errors, I started poking around with the settings. A ha! The default settings out of the box were set to NOT auto-correct or auto-capitalize. I think this is an oversight by Samsung. Thankfully, it's a factor that can be corrected.

Go into your Settings and choose Language and input.

L&I-1.jpg

Choose Samsung keyboard (the default keyboard).

L&I-2.jpg

First, make sure Auto capitalize and Auto spacing are "On." Then scroll up to Auto replace.

L&I-3.jpg

Inside the Auto replace menu make sure the feature is set to "On" and back out.

L&I-4.jpg

Go into the Auto check spelling menu and make sure the feature is set to "On" and back out to your Home screen.

L&I-5.jpg

Voila! Now, with Auto replace and Auto check spelling enabled, I go from "i cant even..." to "I can't even..." without having to self-correct or retype my message.

L&I-6.jpg

I hope this tip helps you get the most from your new Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.

Until next time,

CJ, your Sprint Product Ambassador

0 Comments

Every time we get a new phone, the first thing to figure out is, how do I move my content easily without setting up everything from the start? Usually for me, this was a very painful process. Moving contacts and text messages are no longer a big deal as Samsung backup takes care of that, if not there are several apps on the Google Play store to backup your messages. Contacts are stored on Gmail so that is also pretty straightforward. What gets me is apps. Sure, Google will download all your apps, but you will loose any custom settings, especially if you are playing some game that does not backup its progress on Google Play Games! Who wants to start from the beginning?!?!?!

Well again, Samsung has come to the rescue. The new Samsung Smart Switch app, that is preloaded on your S7 or S7 Edge can do all this work for you in a few mins, regardless of your old device. As long as its Android, your apps and app data will transfer with this app (more on that later). Smart Sync generally uses NFC and/or WiFi Direct (WIDI) to move the data between the phones. But what if your old phone does not have NFC or WIDI? Or what if its an Apple device? Don't worry, they got you covered.

You may have noticed something like this in the box:

160311-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-unboxing-9.jpg

Well this is a USB On the Go Cable or OTG cable that converts a standard USB port to a micro USB port. You can use this dongle for many other cool things, but Samsung provides this to you in order to transfer content via a USB cable, so its faster and secure.

So when you are going through the initial startup process, the phone will ask you whether you want to trasnfer content from your old phone. When you say yes, something like this pops up:

Screenshot_20160318-150241.jpg

Hit start, and it will ask you to plug in the USB OTG Dongle if you choose to use the cable method (works both for iOS and Android)

Screenshot_20160318-150159.jpg

Once you connect both devices, the app will detect all the content and the magic begins:

Screenshot_20160318-150149-001.jpg

Then its just the usual, pick the content to move and let it finish. Make sure to select apps!

Screenshot_20160318-150531.jpgScreenshot_20160318-150811.jpgScreenshot_20160318-153434.jpg

Viola your new S7 or Edge is ready for operation. In my case it even moved all the settings and home screen so that my new phone looked exactly like the old one as both were Samsung.

Enjoy!