cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked out

Highlighted
Journeyman

locked out

I have a galaxy s7 edge and I use the fingerprint id to get into my phone. My phone restarted and now it's telling me to use the password, which is 4 characters including at least one letter. When I set up the security for my phone it asked for a 4 digit password in addition to my fingerprint. I made my 4 digit password but I did not set up a password with 4 characters including at least one letter. Now I am locked out because I don't know the code it's asking for since I never set it. Is there a way to bypass this or retrieve it? Also is this a Samsung issue or a Sprint issue? Thanks for any help. I have been stuck for the past few hours and this phone is my only source of calling out which I can't due to the phone being locked.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: locked out

it would be a issue with the phone itself. im not seeing any other reports of this so it was more than likley a hiccup on your phone itself. if you have insurance on the device you might have to take it into a repair store to have them see if they can figure it out.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

Re: locked out

I'm assuming you tried your 4 digit pin?
If so than go to https://findmymobile.samsung.com
log in and make sure you select the device you have on top left once you selected the right device, go on the menu on the right and select MORE - Unlock My Device.
Enter your samsung account password and follow the directions.

Let me know if you need more help.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat