cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" invalid

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" invalid

I need to reset my password.  The instructions in Sprint's email say to disable the reactication lock by following:  "settings>lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock".

The problem is that there is no "find my phone" option/setting.

What I need now is:

a.  directions on how to disable the reactivation lock

b.  How do I set my phone so I can use "find my phone"?

TIA

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Master

Re: path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" invalid

Goodness! sorry for the misunderstanding, we thought you were referring to an Apple device. To disable to reactivation lock, you can find instructions @ http://sprint.co/2lUG0mp

What password are you trying to reset, is it the one to access to your phone? If you have access to the phone, you can change it following the steps on this tutorial, http://sprint.co/2nnjwrl

if you have forgotten the details of your lock screen settings, such as your PIN or pattern and you cannot access to your phone, if you already have a Google account set up on your Samsung Galaxy S7, you can reset the screen lock online via the Android Device Manager. (Click that link for instructions)

If you do not have a Google account already set up on the phone, you can only reset the screen lock by performing a Hardware Factory Reset to erase the phone. (A factory reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.)

Regarding the ''find my phone'' there is an application from Samsung, called ''Find My Mobile'' which needs to be set up on your phone first.

To use the application, in a web browser on your computer go to the Find My Mobile page.

If you have created an account in the past, enter your email address and password and then click Sign In, if you have not, create a Samsung account. (To use the Find My Mobile service for the first time, you must register your Samsung account on your device)

Once you can login, you will be taken to the "Locate my mobile" page and you can set it up from there.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Have a great day!

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" invalid

Follow the steps below so you can turn off Find my iPhone:

Go to Settings > iCloud, then tap to turn off Find My iPhone.

Keep us posted if you have any other questions or concerns.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" in

Might it be possible to change the direction that one gets from your help files?
Highlighted
Master

Re: path setting: ">lock screen and security>find my mobile>reactivation lock" in

helgo15, are the options that you see on your iPad different from the steps above? What options do you see once you access to your Settings and then iCloud?

Ina.

Sprint Social Care Team.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Community Manager

*cough* Team, how about some directons for a Galaxy S7? *cough*

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Master

Goodness! sorry for the misunderstanding, we thought you were referring to an Apple device. To disable to reactivation lock, you can find instructions @ http://sprint.co/2lUG0mp

What password are you trying to reset, is it the one to access to your phone? If you have access to the phone, you can change it following the steps on this tutorial, http://sprint.co/2nnjwrl

if you have forgotten the details of your lock screen settings, such as your PIN or pattern and you cannot access to your phone, if you already have a Google account set up on your Samsung Galaxy S7, you can reset the screen lock online via the Android Device Manager. (Click that link for instructions)

If you do not have a Google account already set up on the phone, you can only reset the screen lock by performing a Hardware Factory Reset to erase the phone. (A factory reset will result in the loss of all data stored on the device including 3rd party applications.)

Regarding the ''find my phone'' there is an application from Samsung, called ''Find My Mobile'' which needs to be set up on your phone first.

To use the application, in a web browser on your computer go to the Find My Mobile page.

If you have created an account in the past, enter your email address and password and then click Sign In, if you have not, create a Samsung account. (To use the Find My Mobile service for the first time, you must register your Samsung account on your device)

Once you can login, you will be taken to the "Locate my mobile" page and you can set it up from there.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. Have a great day!

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Manager

And THAT is how we DO!  Thank you @XXXIna

tumblr_static_aish-twirling

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat