Can't receive calls on my s7

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Can't receive calls on my s7

10 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: Can't receive calls on my s7

a tad bit more info is going to be needed to look into this. are you able to make calls just not receive them? is this location based (only happens while at home/work etc)? what all have you attempted on your side to try and fix it? zip code and closest cross streets so the agent can check the tower covering you for issues?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Did the ##72786#, volume in up, ringer on, ran in safe mode, to no avail. Can call out and receive text. I have called sprint, no help, tech expert no help. It started about 2 weeks ago when the network had a problem and went to roaming for 2 days. This problem has happened before, same causes, but after about 2 to 3 weeks the problem was corrected. Maybe it is the network or maybe my phone ?
GrandMaster

need to post the info i asked above. this is all the same stuff you will be asked by the agent that pops in..pre answering it will result in WAY less back and forth needed to get to the same point. if it improves when you travel more than 5 miles from the main area you frequent then i would point at the tower itself..if it still follows you then the agent might have to do a refresh on your line. are there any other Sprint users around you? and if so are they seeing the same thing?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

see thats the weird part. you can call out and receive text just fine (regular texts are sent using the voice side). only issue is incoming calls..hrm..im leaning towards a refresh of your line but the agent will be able to look into that one.
Journeyman

I live in Vernon Tx,  closest sprint shop is 60 miles away in Wichita Falls Tx. Last time as I left the tower in my area everything returns to the norm. 

GrandMaster

last time as in recently or as in the last time there was a network issue that cropped up?
Journeyman

Last time about a year ago.

Journeyman

Sorry, not a year, but 4 or 5 months ago.

GrandMaster

so long enough out that its probably not the same issue..well might not be the same issue..depends on what the original issue was that they had to fix.
Sprint Social Care

Silverfish. Thanks for bringing this up to our attention. I'll take a look at your services for you. Please check your Inbox, I've sent you a Private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat