cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot activate nor recognise SIM in Australia

Highlighted
Journeyman

Cannot activate nor recognise SIM in Australia

I recently bought a refurbished G930P, in Australia (where I'm located btw) which had been mislabelled as G930F. It was allegedly unlocked and had no apparent ties to any carrier. Being a power user, I set about attempting to try different firmwares and/or to gain root access on the phone. Unfortunately, due to the mislabelling, I had trouble. The phone and Samsung's Smart Switch software believed it may be a G930V, which led me in circles for a while.

Thanks to Samsung, I'm now on the correct Sprint firmware for the phone, but cannot activate the phone, nor does it recognise my SIM card. 

Hoping you can help.

3 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Cannot activate nor recognise SIM in Australia

Hello there Interloperux! I understand you are looking to have this S7 unlocked, right? Have you had a chance to go over our unlock policy? If not, please take a couple of minutes to carefully read through it. In case the device meets all the requirements, we would need to access the account last associated with it. If you would be able to provide us with such information, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to further assist you.

Kelvin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Kelvin,

Given that I purchased the phone in Australia as a "fully unlocked "and functional device, and it was not initially labelled, in any sense, as a Sprint phone, I honestly have no clue as to the phone's history with Sprint, and if it has previously been associated with a Sprint account. Do you have any means of looking up that information with the provided IMEI and/or serial number?

Sprint Social Care

Good morning Interloperux.

We are not able to unlock a device through this platform. We would normally ask for a callback number and transfer you to our Account Services Department. Since you are out of the US, we recommend that you contact our international department for assistance. Please visit: https://sprintworldwide.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat