Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy s7 Nougat update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Galaxy s7 Nougat update

Does anyone know if the S7 will receive the Android 7.0 update or will it update directly to 7.1? If so, when will this happen? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Galaxy s7 Nougat update

Update released 2/22/17, check out details here.  Keep in mind that updates are staggered so some people will receive the update a bit later than others.  There isn't a published order to those waves, but at least now we know, it's on its way.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
GrandMaster

unless something catastrophic happens yes it will get it. usually a device will receive 2 large OS updates in its lifetime.. when? no one will know until the day of its release or possibly the day prior.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

I suspect it will be 7.0 myself. The reason is because if you do a search for "Galaxy S7 nouget" you get several articles about the other major carriers in the US receiving 7.0 and not 7.1. So my guess is the Sprint variant will be 7.0 as well.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I was finding some information online since other carriers like AT&T and T-mobile have already begun updating the S7 but I couldn't find any information about Sprint and since this is my first Sprint phone I have no idea how or how fast Sprint updates its devices.  I just found an article from Android Authority and they mention there that Sprint doesn't plan to update to 7.0 but skip the update to 7.1. That'd be nice but I'd like to know when will that happen.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

usually if they are going to bypass one update and go right to another that means there was an issue that had to be fixed and a second update was kicked out taking it to 7.1. i havent heard of any major issues but now im a bit curious so i will be hitting up my usual go to (Verizon site) to see if they have it yet and what issues they have or dont have..since they are also a CDMA carrier i tend to check them out when it comes to device updates and or issues since they are the most equal to Sprint and their networkings.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
GrandMaster

nothing over at V either.
Highlighted
Community Manager

Update released 2/22/17, check out details here.  Keep in mind that updates are staggered so some people will receive the update a bit later than others.  There isn't a published order to those waves, but at least now we know, it's on its way.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got the update today. It broke gmail sync. **bleep**?

Highlighted
Journeyman

My phone updated a few days ago. 7.0
Highlighted
GrandMaster

@jahblonsky . restart your phone then go into the play store and see if there are any updates available for gmail. might not be fully compatible with Nougat now.
Highlighted
Journeyman

This update sucks.  It's change all my icons and the messaging app is completely different.  Quit messing with the cosmetics part of the phones and deal with the stuff we don't see.  It's very frustrating to have to re-learn your phone every time you do a stupid update.

Highlighted
Master

Here's the web address where you can complain regarding the changes that are in this update.

www.google.com

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat