Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working in Roaming areas

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Internet not working in Roaming areas

I frequently go to an area that puts the phone in Roam. I used to be able to read email, google and update Facebook. Since two system updates ago, I cannot do these things anymore when in roam or when signal bars are showing 2 or 3.

Has Sprint cut back on service or is there a problem with the Android system?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Internet not working in Roaming areas

Thank you!

As you stated, this is an off-network roaming area. While roaming, your signal/services may vary constantly as we do not provide coverage directly to the area. We have agreements with other companies who do but we are not able to guarantee your network experience. We understand your device was working properly before the update however, we can't assure this won't reoccur as this is bound to happen from time to time under a roaming area. If you've not done any troubleshooting steps, we'll be more than happy to assist you in doing so but as mentioned, we can't assure this will fix the issue. Please reply to my Private Message if you need further assistance.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Stangman2007

We understand how inconvenient this may be for you! We'd like to confirm, what's the make or model of your phone? What software version do you currently have? Does this happen in other locations? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your phone?

We look forward to hearing back from you!

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a Samsung Galaxie S7. 

Hardware version: Rev0.6

Model number: SM-G930P

Android version: 7.0

The drop in service has happend in other areas that I used to get service. It seems like it worked OK till there was an Android update prior to Nougat that seemed to kill the service in the area that I needed. It was supposed to inprove the range but instead seemed like it was reduced.

Ron

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, I had text messages sent to me and could not read them. They came thru as MMS and would not download.Screenshot_20170311-154838.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_20170311-154838.jpg

This shows the messaging problem.

Highlighted

Stangman2007

Can you please provide us the nearest cross streets and ZIP where this issue occurs? We'd like to take a look at the coverage. Also, do you know if any other Android users who have updated are also experiencing this?

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

The address is 650 Log Bridge Road, Halifax NC 27839. There are no intersecting streets.

A friend of mine has same phone with Sprint and he cannot make calls or get out either but I think it is his phone because I can call and he cannot.

Highlighted

Thank you!

As you stated, this is an off-network roaming area. While roaming, your signal/services may vary constantly as we do not provide coverage directly to the area. We have agreements with other companies who do but we are not able to guarantee your network experience. We understand your device was working properly before the update however, we can't assure this won't reoccur as this is bound to happen from time to time under a roaming area. If you've not done any troubleshooting steps, we'll be more than happy to assist you in doing so but as mentioned, we can't assure this will fix the issue. Please reply to my Private Message if you need further assistance.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Still not working. I might have to switch carrieres after all these years with Sprint. I cannot be without service when I am out of town. Something has changed if the service and it does not work anymore.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

We wouldn't want to see you go. Let's try some troubleshooting steps. Follow the steps below:

1. From the home screen, swipe down the Status bar.
  2. Tap the Settings icon.

3. Scroll to and tap System Update.

4. Tap Update PRL.

5. Once the PRL update is complete, tap OK.

6. The PRL is now up to date.

After that, power cycle the device and let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Getting no where with this. Supposed to have coverage in this area and do not. I will have to find a company that has better coverage.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Stangman2007,

I can understand this is a frustrating situation and we don't want to see you go. Sprint is continually working to expand our cell sites and their ability to support more areas. Throughout this year we will be making major updates to your market, after this time it is possible that the signal strength in this area may improve. You can also learn more about what we are doing to improve our network by visiting, www.sprint.com/network .

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat