Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Internet while on call

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

No Internet while on call

Im using s7 edge with unlimited data. While im on a call and tried to browse a website [ which i need to confirm during my call] i wasn't able to open any connection it only loads after i did end the call while i saw on another blog over here that sprint will solve this issue soon since 3 years ago !!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GrandMaster

phones prior to the spark capable phones had 2 antennas..one to cover calls etc the other for data..so both could operate at the same time..even the non spark LTE device had 2 antennas..the spark capable devices however only have one antenna to cover both data and calls..its basically the set up they had to do in order to cover all the extra bands these phones were going to be using. problem is the phone must chose which connection is the priority. the priority would be the call itself incoming or outgoing. from what i understand all spark devices will be able to use VoLTE once its deployed. im going to get confirmation on this one though just in case. i'll post back once i have a answer.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

MichaelAbaskhroun

Hello there!

At this time, very few old devices are able to perform SVD(simultaneous voice and data). We don't have an estimate time when this feature will be available but, we assure you we are doing our best to improve our Network on a daily basis and this feature might be available in the future. In the meantime, you can perform SVD while connected to Wi-Fi. Thank you for choosing Sprint and enjoy the rest of your day.

Michael C

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Every blog i read on this voice and data problem the reps give the same generic answer. why is it that as representatives of a company they never know whats going on in that company?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

because they are unable to give deadlines on when it will be deployed until its been publicly announced by Sprint? VoLTE must be in place for this to happen..which is already in the works but still in the test phases..if i were to guess they will turn it on the same way they did the LTE deployment...once they get a certain amount of towers completed in a certain area.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Do our phones have the hardware necessary to do this once it's deployed or will upgrading be necessary? Why are older phones like the s3 able to do this but not the newer phones?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

phones prior to the spark capable phones had 2 antennas..one to cover calls etc the other for data..so both could operate at the same time..even the non spark LTE device had 2 antennas..the spark capable devices however only have one antenna to cover both data and calls..its basically the set up they had to do in order to cover all the extra bands these phones were going to be using. problem is the phone must chose which connection is the priority. the priority would be the call itself incoming or outgoing. from what i understand all spark devices will be able to use VoLTE once its deployed. im going to get confirmation on this one though just in case. i'll post back once i have a answer.

View solution in original post

GrandMaster

forgot to add that the first antenna covered talk, text and 3G..the second antenna covered the 4G..so as long as you were in an area where there was 4G you could do both talk and the net.

Verizon has their spark type phones as well now and had to add in VoLTE in order for them to get this ability back..only difference is they already had LTE in place..sprint is still deploying it in some areas..once that was done then they had to come back and do the LTE Plus..if im thinking correctly once they get enough of the LTE Plus done in each area they will start to light up VoLTE..i dont see them turning it on any sooner because the experience of traveling and trying to use it would be all over the place from tower to tower.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does Sprint still carry the Spark service?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, Sprint is still tri-band. They changed the name from Spark to LTE Plus.

Highlighted

I just switched from my S7 with T mobile and got a S8 with you guys and now cant use internet at same time as the phone. What's the ordeal with that?

Nick

Tampa, Fl

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat