cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving sms or mms

Journeyman

Not receiving sms or mms

I'm not receiving text messages or mms messages. I got my phone 9/19/16 & this problem keeps occurring. Is there a fix for this because I'm ready to return the phone!

Tags (3)
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Not receiving sms or mms

Moved to Customer Service

Sprint Social Care

SJMOM213

Sorry to read you are having issues with MMS and SMS. Since when are you having issues? What's the make and model of your phone? Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have a Galaxy S7 & my zip code is 72076

Highlighted
Journeyman

My cross streets are Janice St & Hickman

Sprint Social Care

SJMOM213

Got you! I was able to review your area. There no reported issues meaning that we can try some troubleshooting steps. I just sent you a private message, please take a look at your inbox.

Please check your inbox and respond to the private message I sent you.

To access to your private messages, click on your name or avatar. This will take you into your profile. Once in there you will see the pm notification.

If you're posting from a phone/device, go into your browsers settings and change it to full site mode/desktop mode and then follow the steps above

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I received my Galaxy S7 in November 2016 and stopped receiving texts on February 9, 2017. My phone is the only one of my family's five lines that has this problem and all of us have the Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.I can send texts but I do not receive texts from anyone, not even my other family members.  I cleared the data and the cache (in storage via application manager). My setting for messages shows enhanced messaging is off and the block list is empty. I installed another app, Textra, but have exactly the same problem  with it; it does not receive texts from anyone. Strangely, Google Voice has been receiving all texts even though the message app is set as the default. Deleting Google Voice did not solve the problem; I would not receive any texts at all were it not for Google Voice.  I like the Samsung messaging app better than Google Voice because of its simplicity and easy ability to delete selected texts quickly. But I need Google Voice because I am deaf and like the way it transcribes voice mails. Please help me get the Samsung messaging app to receive texts again. Thank you.

Sprint Social Care

1sprintcustomer

We completely understand how inconvenient this situation may be for you!

Let's try resetting the network settings on the phone as a work around:

Dial ##72786#.

Tap YES.

The device will restart and initiate Hands Free Activation.

After the device restarts it will automatically perform Hands Free Activation.

Once the activation is complete, tap OK.

The device will then update the PRL. Once the update is complete, tap OK.

The device will check for firmware updates.

If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.

Otherwise, tap OK.

Tap OK.

The device will restart.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to let us know.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

i think you must sign into google in order to disable GV. wouldnt be the first time hangouts or Google voice has acted up and did something like this..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I tried your suggestions but they did not work. I still am not receiving texts on the supplied messaging app, only on the Google Voice app.  Also, I just discovered that I have not been receiving voice calls and my phone would not even ring for them. Instead, the calls would go to voice mail and Google Voice would transcribe them. So I tried integrating Google Voice with my cell phone number. That would result in my phone ringing but the caller would continue to hear the ringing instead of me when I answered the calls. However, I can send texts via the supplied messaging app and make phone calls without any problems.

GrandMaster

hrm. one last ditch effort from my side. google how to boot your phone into safe mode..this should shut down all 3rd party apps. run it like that for a bit and have a few people call you. if the calls start going through there is a really high chance that there is an app causing this...im still leaning towards this being the issue. i might have asked this already but does this only happen at one location like home or work or does it happen even while youre out and about shopping etc?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I am not sure your suggestion would work. I had deleted Google Voice from my phone and that did not solve the problem. So I reinstalled it because otherwise I would not receive any texts at all. Even Textra did not help. It suffers from the same problems I have been having with the supplied messaging app. I can send texts but not receive them. Now I discovered that I have not been receiving calls. So there is a "receiving" call and text problem that needs to be solved. Strangely, when I signed in to my Sprint account online just now, I received an authentication code from Sprint on my phone via the messaging app. So i can receive texts from Sprint!

Thank you for trying to help me.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat