Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone battery dieing faster after software uodate

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Phone battery dieing faster after software uodate

I've noticed that my phone battery is draining much faster after the latest software update. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there anything Sprint can do to fix asap?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Journeyman
Journeyman

Re: Phone battery dieing faster after software uodate

I uninstalled Oculus app and it fixed my rapid battery drain on an S6.  see article on digitaltrends website - search for oculus galaxy battery

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Journeyman

I noticed the same thing

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Jwatx

Hey there! Thank you for reaching out to us. What's the make and model of your phone? Let us know so we can further assist you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue for me. I tried everything and finally did factory data reset which fixed it. Painful!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Having the same problem with my s7 edge. I just found online that if you uninstall the oculus app it will solve the problem. Evidently the last update for the oculus app is the culprit.

[inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator
This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

another poster mentioned Oculus as being the culprit. cant remember if they said they uninstalled it or disabled it but it fixed their issue.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman
Journeyman

I uninstalled Oculus app and it fixed my rapid battery drain on an S6.  see article on digitaltrends website - search for oculus galaxy battery

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have noticed the same problem! It is dying a lot faster!!!
Highlighted
Journeyman

mine does that too...i just figured i used it to much...im glad to know im not the only one who has this problem
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat