cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Home Wifi Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

S7 Home Wifi Issues

This may not be as weird as I feel it is but nonetheless... my Samsung S7 connects to the home wifi but reads "internet may not be available". However, everyone else in the home including my wife's S7 connect fine. I can connect to the wifi network at my work place no problem. The weird part is that when I had my Samsung S6, it had the same issue with connecting but saying "Internet may not be available". Once I transferred my service from the S6 to the S7, the wifi now connects to the S6 with no problem. Any ideas? I've already tried updating the profile and PRL and resetting the modem. 

Tags (3)
14 REPLIES
GrandMaster

Re: S7 Home Wifi Issues

go into your wifi connections and forget your home network through the phone, restart the phone then turn your wifi back on and search it out fresh. it might be hanging onto mixed info from your router
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks for the suggestion, but that didn't work. It is still saying "Internet May Not Be Available". 

Master

Silly question, have you tried to access the WiFi at say a Starbucks or McDonalds? See if it connects there. If it does, then the WiFi works and it can be narrowed down to a configurations setting most likely.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
GrandMaster

to many devices on the router perhaps? the phone itself wouldnt opt to not connect to one single connection..so its gotta be either something in your routers settings..to many devices possibly..or im not sure what else...
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Okay, I was able to access the wifi configuration settings and the ip address for the router is not the same as the ip address showing on the wifi network on my phone. I then went and checked our old phones that were still able to connect to the wifi and the ip address between network and router there is the same. So I need to figure out how to get the correct ip address to connect with my phone or change it on my phone. 

GrandMaster

for the life of me i cant remember how to fully clear the wifi info from a device other than a FR..which in this case you do NOT want to do.
Master

Try the following, see if it works,

1. From home, swipe up to access Apps.
  2. Tap Settings >  General management > Reset > Reset network settings.
  3. Tap Reset settings, and confirm when prompted.

This will wipe out and reset ALL network related settings; WiFi, Bluetooth, Mobile Data. So you will have to reconnect to anything you had before.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

BTW, the Factory Reset option is in that same location. DO NOT select it as it will wipe your entire phone which you do not want to do as FireGuy mentioned. This is a last resort option which I don't think we are at yet.

--

GrandMaster

i dont think the network reset will dump remembered wifi connections though.
Master

It's not just a Network reset like what we did with the dial pad, this one flushes all connection types; Mobile, WiFi and Bluetooth. Not just Mobile like the **72786* which is just mobile.

--

Journeyman

Despite successfully wiping all connections, the wifi still logged to the same IP address as it was doing prior and giving me the "internet may not be available" notification. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat