cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Wifi calling not turning on.

Journeyman

Re: S7 Wifi calling not turning on.

Update: For me, the problem turned out to be an issue on the Sprint account. The wrong phone was associated with my number. The rep wasn't sure how I was even making cellular calls. Once this was corrected, the wifi calling issue was resolved. If you have this problem, I recommend having Sprint check the imei and sim numbers on your account. 

Journeyman

I'm glad they got you sorted out. They tried what you did, and they still didn't get it. I went through many levels of Sprint techs and support. I got my new Verizon phone, and will be switching next week. 

Journeyman

For me it was as simple as turning power saving mode off, derp. 

Journeyman

I was also having trouble getting it to turn on, and my solution was as simple as turning off power savings mode, derp. 

Journeyman

I am having this same issue. Please DM me to help resolve this issue. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello peevel. I will be more than happy to assist you, I Just sent you a Private Message, please check your inbox.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Some assistance would be much appreciated.

My wifi calling stopped working yesterday morning on one of my two S7 phones (a non-edge S7 ... the other is an edge). The WC icon on the notification strip became grayed out and would no longer illuminate by toggling or restarting. I noticed the device had no WAN IP (and thus no Internet connectivity) when connected to wifi, either. So I called in to Sprint support.

The support person began resetting some things on my account, which failed to resolve the issue. I thus inspected the settings and as it turned out, in the wifi connection configuration the primary DNS IP had somehow changed to the router's LAN IP address (192.168.1.1) instead of Google's remote DNS server IP address (8.8.8.8) that I'd originally set. Once I realized this and corrected it, the device again had a WAN IP and Internet connectivity. (Note: My S7 edge had not experienced this failure, continuing to easily establish wifi calling connections without issue.)

Unfortunately, since I'd called Sprint support to get help with what I thought was a wifi/IP negotiation failure (prior to catching the DNS IP issue), they had commenced with the adjustments in an effort to help resolve things. Sadly, their doing so broke the ability for either of my two phones to achieve wifi calling connections any longer. My S7 edge's WC icon became grayed out as well.

I called OKC's support folks today but the ticket support guy doesn't seem interested in listening to me about what happened and what it tends to prove. He says he won't go forward with a ticket unless I go to a Sprint store and have my devices inspected by the techs there. But that's pointless because both devices have had perfect WC connectivity for the past year and my S7 edge continued to work perfectly up until yesterday before I contacted Sprint support.

I merely want them to fix what they broke. I've been a Sprint customer for nearly one and a half years. Can anyone here please help me out?

Journeyman

I was a sprint customer for almost 15 years and I went though what it sounds like you are going through, but I took my device to 2 different store for tech support as well. Nobody could solve the problem, so I ended up leaving sprint. I need the wifi calling because of the poor signal quality where I live.  

This post won't solve your issues, but sadly, it's the way that I had to resolve it. 

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply, DRDAVE2708.

When I first signed up for Sprint service during the early summer of last year, I tried to return the defective S7 I'd received. I called in to the Sprint store to make sure they would exchange the device when I arrived with it. They assured me it wouldn't be a problem. But once I got to the store they sent me across town to another Sprint store. Once there, they sent me to yet another one. I went to a total of 6 Sprint stores. None would grant me the exchange, irrespective of the fact that my phone was in perfect physical condition and under warranty. Some of these stores were as much as 35 miles from one another. Despite that I'd begun calling in before leaving for subsequent stores and was told each time that they'd swap the device for me upon arrival, each store consistently had some reason not to accommodate my request once there. They would just send me down the road. The situation roped me into multiple online chats and telephone conversations with Sprint support folks before one of the stores finally assured them (and me) that they would accept my defective S7 if I scheduled an appointment and brought it in (yet one more time - it was one of the stores that had previously refused me).

I was quite angry over the above matter and thus terminated my Sprint service. However, when I discovered that the other carriers had marginal to poor coverage where I live, I decided to give Sprint another try. Wifi calling did not work at first, though. It took them 3 weeks to one month to figure out why and resolve the matter. After that, it worked fine for 10 months or so (until October 6 after I'd placed the call to support). Actually, I've experienced no other issues with Sprint until this second round of wifi calling hell emerged 2 days ago.

Journeyman

DRDAVE2708: I've tried to respond to your reply (twice) but my responses keep vanishing... and there's no message explaining why. After submission the blue banner shows "Success!" and there's nothing stating that the post has been diverted to a moderator queue or anything. Within the post I addressed my experience as a Sprint customer, so maybe the forum auto filter doesn't like what I typed *shrug*

Highlighted
Journeyman

The OKC Sprint team has reached out to me on this matter. Please disregard my request herein.

Thank you 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat