cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 Wifi calling not turning on.

Journeyman

S7 Wifi calling not turning on.

Sorry if this has been covered, but I haven't seen a solution. My S7 will not turn on the wifi calling feature. When I try to open it, loading just spins, then it times out saying " Cannot turn on wifi calling service". I have been to an in store tech, and talked to tech support over the phone, and neither have been any help. 

Any suggestions on a fix? 

Screenshot_20170707-184014.png

34 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: S7 Wifi calling not turning on.

Hi DRDAVE2708, thank you for contacting us. In order to enable the Wi-Fi calling, the device must have an active data connection. How is your internet connection working?

Lets make sure that the software is up to date. Please follow these steps:

• Tap the Settings icon.
  •  Scroll to and tap System Update

and let me know if you have any updates available.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

Hi,

All of my software is up to date, including the most recent June update that I loaded on Sunday. I have updated my Profile, PRL, and still the wifi calling will not start. 

And when i'm home, i'm on my wifi network, and when i'm out, i'm on the sprint network. 

GrandMaster

was this activated on your account? also when you pull it and it gives you the failed notification are you able to hit the 3 dots top right and get into any other settings? location settings perhaps? and if so what do you see?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

actually...forgot to ask..are you using Google voice by chance?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

DRDAVE2708, is this phone new? Have you been able to use Wi-Fi calling before on that device?

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

It was active on my account for my last 2 phones. I just switched from an S5 to and S7 and now it doesn't work. 

When I hit the 3 dots at the top right, it says Use passpoint networks for wifi calling ( with a grayed out check mark) And International warning ( with a grayed out check mark) 

Screenshot_20170712-145833.png

Journeyman

It was bought used, but I have never been able to use this function on this phone. Everything else works fine.  

Journeyman

I'm not using google voice. 

GrandMaster

was it by chance a unlocked device from the prior owner? im wondering if it was originally purchased as a unlocked version from Samsung or on a different carrier? might not be able to have wifi calling added onto it since it wasnt originally a Sprint purchased device? its a possibility.
Journeyman

Don't think it was unlocked, but I've asked sprint if there could be something with the serial number or SIM card that could be the cause. Nobody with sprint that I've mentioned this to has looked into it. 

GrandMaster

do you by chance know which carrier the prior device owner had this phone on?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat