cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 delayed texts and dreaded pink line

Sprint Social Care

Re: S7 delayed texts and dreaded pink line

Thanks for letting us know nlphoto. Please keep us updated about any changes on your texts.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for posting! I've been having the same issue too. Resetting my networks has worked today, we'll see tomorrow. 

Journeyman

No joy. Individual texts sent to me seem to now be working but group texts are getting to me 2 days late. 

Sprint Social Care

Odd indeed. Let's take another approach to your issue then. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Joel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am also having this issue and have all the latest updates on my Galaxy S7. Group/MMS messages seem to be coming in very late. I updated the prl and profile as well to no avail. Is there a fix for this??

Sprint Social Care

djmatthewcooper

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'd like to confirm, how long has this been going on? Are you having any issues with making and receiving phone calls? Also, please confirm your nearest cross streets and ZIP code.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The only other issue I am experiencing is with receiving phone calls sometimes I can hear the person on the other end but they cannot hear me. It's as if my phone is on mute; but it isn't. Then I hang up and make the call again and it is fine. This issue has been going on for 3 months but the receiving delayed text message issue has been going on for maybe 1 week. Zip code is 60714, nearest cross streets are Dempster and Milwaukee.
Sprint Social Care

nlphoto

I appreciate it! I have checked the location provided and confirmed that there's currently an open service alert. This may be the reason why you're having issues with delayed text messages. The good new is that our Network Team is currently working to have these impairments solved as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconveniences this may be causing you.  

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My MMS and SMS are delayed or not coming through at all. I have verified that I am fully updated. I've also been having issues as described by others for phone calls, where the other person can't hear me and they have to call me back at least once, if not a few times for them to hear me. That is new, but the issues with texts have been going on a few weeks.

Journeyman

I'm afraid this explanation doesn't hang together. My phone was at work all day today, with excellent connection, zip code 90245, cross streets Aviation and El Segundo Blvds. I missed multiple SMS and MMS texts (verified against the senders) and they still have not shown up, many hours later. So either (1) something is wrong with the phone or (2) something is wrong with the network at a widespread level, this is not a localized problem.

Missing multiple texts from multiple senders is not acceptable. At this point I'm just about ready to leave Sprint because I'm missing important information in a timely fashion, which I hate to do, but if this persists I'll have no choice.

Sprint Social Care

Hello trishak! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Please post your closest cross streets and ZIP code so we can check the towers around you.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

55406 and 32nd Street / 43rd Ave

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat