cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S7 from Verizon not registering with Sprint

Journeyman

S7 from Verizon not registering with Sprint

At a dead end.  Sprint rep told me to get a new sim card from store to get it to work.  It didn't.  New rep told me that the phone was still locked on Verizon.  Verizon assures memail it is unlocked and can be used by any CDMA carrier.  New rep from sprint tells me to contact Samsung to unlock.  Samsung tells me the same info as Verizon.  Device is unlocked and ready to go. I call sprint back and this rep tells me that the phone is not compatible.  Even though Samsung and Sprint website suggest otherwise.  Can anyone help me? Has anyone been able to activate a Verizon S7 to Sprint.

4 REPLIES 4
Journeyman

Re: S7 from Verizon not registering with Sprint

Looks like sprint has the same problem with all S7 devices coming from other carriers. Others who got the S7 from ATT have the same problem. There is another thread running for ATT S7 issue. Do not know, if any one solved this mystery so far.

Sprint Social Care

I'll be happy to clear this concern Gnozzard and immiusad. Only the Samsung S7/S7 edge Special Edition is eligible to be activated on our network. The Special Edition version it is built upon a Single Hardware / Single Software (Different from the Sprint or other carrier Postpaid version of Samsung GS7) allowing the handset to come fully unlocked to take to any carrier. Customers can purchase this device directly from www.samsung.com and bring it over to activate on the Sprint LTE Plus Network.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello Carlos, Thank you for the reply. Looks like, if we buy from wireless carrier, it would not work on sprint. So, If I buy purchase S7 from best buy, amazon with out a carrier attached to it. will that work? Or do you have to purchase from Samsung directly? May be one more question. Is this same with S8 as well. I am planning to purchase S8 from bestbuy today (unlocked). Will that phone work on sprint?

Sprint Social Care

Hi immiusad. The phone needs to be the Special Edition version, meaning the Samsung manufacturer direct unlock version. You may have the option to buy this version in other stores, but to ensure you get the correct one, we advise you to get it directly from a Samsung store or visiting the Samsung website. The S8/S8+ Open Market or special edition are the same and are the only devices eligible to work with us. You can visit www.sprint.com/bringyourdevice for more details.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat