cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLUTION: Voicemail app is missing

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Voicemail app is missing

I have the same situation as the original poster (OP), my wife's S7 is missing the visual voicemail app. I looked under applications in settings, but it is not listed there either, and I couldn't find it in the google app store.

Was the OP's issue ever resolved? If so, maybe the resolution could help me too.

Thanks!

TK

tdkoff@gmail.com

Sprint Social Care

Hey guys! Are you able to access the voicemail natively? Please go to the dial pad and do the following :

1. Press and hold One Touch key.
  2. 1 key with envelope icon.
  3. If own greeting plays, press star key (*) then enter passcode.

Let us know how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

type into the dial pad ##72786# and let it go through its updates. was this device purchased through Sprint or through Samsung directly? or some other route?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My wife did this, but does not know her passcode. Is there a way to obtain or reset the voicemail passcode?

TK

Journeyman

The phone was purchased directly from Sprint (website order).

TK

GrandMaster

an agent might be able to reset it on their side but im not sure if that would fully clear all the VM that would be in there or not. does she have the VM app now after doing that network reset?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Social Care

Hello tdkoff, your wife can reset the voicemail password online or dialing *2. Bellow are the options:

To reset it Online: 

1. Log on to My Sprint and click My preferences tab.
  2. On the right side of the screen, click on Manage voicemail passcode.
  3. Click Reset radio button and click Save.

To reset it by dialing *2:

1. Dial *2. (Android OS phones with My Sprint Mobile or Sprint Zone installed will be re-directed to My Sprint Mobile or Sprint Zone Self Service).
  2. Press Send, OK or Talk key.
  3. Press 1 to confirm or enter the phone number, press 5 all other options.
  4. The press 3 to make changes to account, press 5 reset voicemail passcode and press 1 Yes to confirm passcode.

*The voicemail passcode will be the last 7 digits of the phone number.

Please let us if this helped your wife.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the visual voicemail app on my S7 edge; however, I'm getting all these account verification error messages such as this one, "Account verification error. Error T30: Communication with the Voicemail-to-Text server has failed. We will continue to verify your Voicemail-to-Text account status in the background.  Voicemail service will not be interrupted while we verify the account status."

Here's another, "Error V30: Voice message will be delivered when data service becomes available."

Sprint Social Care

Hey perdy! Thank you for contacting us. Do you have data services when you receive those errors? Also, were you able to successfully set up the Visula Voicemail services? If no, please try again and let us know. how it goes.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Jeffrey,

Yes, I have data services. I can assure you that I have Sprint data because when I check my IP address on "whatismyip" it shows Sprint Communications Inc. as the ISP.

I was never able to get the Visual Voicemail working.  The "Manage Subscription" is greyed out, and every time I check for updates I get this message, "Attention General failure. Please try again at a later time." The Visual Voicemail version I have is T.8.0.1.18

Screenshot_20170514-050501.pngAccount verification error T30Screenshot_20170514-050530.pngManage subscriptionScreenshot_20170514-050842.pngUpdates

Sprint Social Care

Let's take a deeper look into this. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you. We will see if the service is provisioning.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

OK, so everyone has hijacked my support request, and my issue still remains unresolved. When I go in Apps under setting, there is no Voicemail app showing, either enabled or disabled. How do I get the voicemail app. By the time this is resolved, I'll be upgrading phones again and it won't matter. Jeez.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!