cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) - G930PVPS4BQE1

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) - G930PVPS4BQE1

Software Version: G930PVPS4BQE1 Release Date: 5/30/2017 Method: Available Over the Air. *May security patch*
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) - G930PVPS4BQE1

This update seems to have bricked my phone. It gets stuck on the LTE Plus screen. Holding the power and volume down button seems to do nothing.

What can I do?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

if trying to boot the phone up in safe mode isnt pushing through you will need to take it into a corporate repair store and have them look at it. they can try to flash the update back into your phone. it sounds like it didnt load correctly. from what i can tell from the notes this was only a security patch so it shouldnt have had any affect on how the phone operates..
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

I did take it to a corporate repair store. Kevin wasn't very helpful.  He did the same things I did, restarting the phone, tried booting up in safe mode. He did manage to get to a screen where it said it was installing updates, but then a caution symbol with a Android Bug who had X's for eyes showed up and there was some writing that said No Command. Then it went into a black screen with some yellow and blue writing and he said he would have to wipe it.

I woke up this morning to the phone stuck on the LTE plus screen and when I went to bed and it was fine. I am used to less than $200 smart phones and never had an issue other than the phone getting slow after a few years. This was my first greater than $500 smart phone and it bricked in under a year.

I am currently looking into more robust back up solutions since I was only using google sync which only does my contacts, calendar, e-mail, bookmarks and not my apps, themes, texts, call logs etc. I am hoping to find something that is a 100% backup. If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them.

Pretty upset that a phone I have had for under a year had a catastrophic failure when it costs more than twice my previous phones that never had an issue. I wish Sprint or Samsung would give me a free charger or something other than, hey, we'll reset your phone and wipe out most of your stuff,and then you can get the hell out of our store. I even asked Kevin about better back up solutions and he seemed clueless.

I don't like Kevin. Hoping dropbox or google has something that is a 100% back up.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i havent ran into anything that is 100% but Google backs up your apps as well..well the play store does anyways..you will have to sign back into them but that is more of a security deal to protect you.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the android bug has me a bit intrigued though..thats a new one for me.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

the black screen with different colored wording in there was the recovery mode though..basically where you can jump in and do a cache/partition wipe, factory reset etc..its like a back door into the phone s system.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat