cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung: Galaxy S7 Software v. (G930PVPU4BQAA) Nougat

GrandMaster

Samsung: Galaxy S7 Software v. (G930PVPU4BQAA) Nougat

Samsung: Galaxy S7 Software v. (G930PVPU4BQAA) Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) Software Version: Release Date: 2/22/2017 Method: Available Over the Air Version: Subversion: Hardware Version: G930PVPU4BQAA Fixes: Nougat upgrade and bug fix.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Samsung: Galaxy S7 Software v. (G930PVPU4BQAA) Nougat

This update has been terrible for me. My phone keeps dying within an hour of taking it off the charger at 100%. Anyone experiencing this problem?
GrandMaster

google how to do a partition/cache wipe on the device..you will not lose any personal info but that might clear it up. battery issues are not unheard of after a OS update. this is one way to try and fix it..unfortunately the other way would be to do a factory reset..which is usually recommended anyways but many dont want to go this route.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I never went below 70% by 9:00 PM, now I am down to 20% by 5:00 PM.  Not happy with Nougat.

GrandMaster

read the post above yours and try that. report back if it helps or not. battery life dropping after an update isnt a new one unfortunately. you can either try the cache/partition wipe, wait for the phone to optimize itself again with battery life or perform a Factory reset on the phone..which should always be your last resort.
Journeyman

Yea,  I did it an I will be able to tell tomorrow.

GrandMaster

yeah any time you do a update or perform any type of reset to try and fix an issue give it maybe a quarter to half of a day to test and see if its improved. even after a reset a device will need to do some optimization. heck new phones now learn your types of usage and adjust to that..
Journeyman

Much much better today after doing the partition/cache wipe.  Still using faster but as least it is manageable now.

Thank you fireguy_6364!  You're a lifesaver.

GrandMaster

no worries. larger OS updates at times can load a bit funky so the usual troubleshooting should be a restart..then test..still not fixed then move onto the cache/partition wipe..if that doesnt work then onto the factory reset..which if THAT doesnt work then its a bug/issue that was brought in by the update and is needing a second fix update to be kicked out by the manufacturer..in this case Sammy. depending on the issue though in between the cache/partition wipe you can also boot the phone into safe mode to see if it might be caused by an app not working well with the new update etc..so safe mode shuts down all 3rd party apps..if it works fine while in safe mode then the culprit is a rogue app not playing nice with the new update .
Journeyman

Ever since the last update I have been receiving double incoming text messages and only found out today that text messages I send to people are also doubling.  The 2nd duplicate text message doesn't come in right away, it comes like 15 mintues to 30 minutes later. I've updated my PRL, my profile and turned my phone and off and still this is happening! Help!!

GrandMaster

it is a known issue that Samsung is already working on. should be kicked out in their next update hopefully.
Journeyman

when is the next update coming?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat