cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling?

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling?

pull up your dial pad and type in ##BRAND# and see if that fixes it to where you have wifi calling available.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Yes, enter ##BRAND# from your phone keypad as mentioned. Let us know if this works. If this does not work, please send me a private message with your phone number and ESN.

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Thanks fireguy_6364 and RLCOLLECTOR68 I didn't enter ##BRAND# (Now I wish I had)... I did a factory reset and now I have a bunch of preloaded apps that weren't there before.  I didn't have the sprint folder with all their apps, and I didn't have the Amazon folder and Social Folder.

When I bought my phone the manager said they were having network difficulties as it took well over an hour for it to "activate"  So I think that had something to do with it.

But, after doing a factory reset I now have wifi calling!  I followed this thread's advice  No Option For WiFi CallingBUT... now I have the built in visual voicemail...  I've always used Google Voice and now I can't get it to "work" (Google Voice was working fine before)  Now it says (! We have a problem, We could not set your Google Voice number.)

So Yay for wifi calling, but UGH for all the Sprint Apps and Visual Voicemail...

Ricky

GrandMaster

unfortunately it seems like a LOT of stuff didnt load in correctly on your phone lol..

since you did the FR double check and see if there are any updates now available for GV...actually didnt GV get switched out for Hangouts a while back?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

Google Voice and the new Android Wi-Fi Calling (WFC) will not work together. A message should have been during the WFC provisioning that said by proceeding GV would be deprovisioned

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Yes a TON of stuff didn't load correctly, but it looks like it is working great now!

GrandMaster

good to go.

Highlighted
Journeyman

RLCOLLECTOR68 Thats good to know.  I don't remember seeing any message about the WFC deprovisioning GV.  I guess that's because after the factory reset, I went straight to enabling WFC. 

After I enabled WFC, and verified that it worked, I went in and began setting up all my applications and GV was one of the last ones I tried to setup.

A HUGE Thank You to everyone that has helped me.

Thanks!

Ricky

Journeyman

me too. it has never worked. waste of my time

Journeyman EP
Journeyman

Wait so of you have GV on WFC won't work? Or the other way around or both? Cause my WFC isn't working but then again my SIM card mobile data status says "Disconnected"
Journeyman EP
Journeyman

What does it mean if the ##BRAND# just give you a message that says "the number or code you have tried to enter is incorrect" in a cheesy announcer's voice? Is there a problem with my SIM card if my mobile data status says "disconnected"?
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat