cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling?

Go to solution

Samsung Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling?

I was curious about whether the Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge has WiFi Calling from Sprint?

I would like to know as I currently have Verizon and am thinking about switching over to Sprint.  Along with the switch I'd like to get the deal for the two S7 phones for my wife and I.  The reception inside my house is very spotty on every network and my wife works from home so we need something like WiFi calling so the phone won't drop her conference calls. 

I went to the store and was looking at the S7 and S7 edge and did not see WiFi calling anywhere in the settings like it is for the S6.  However, when you look at the features on the the Sprint website, WiFi calling is listed.  I won't get the phones and probably won't switch (as it is cheaper for two S7's than an S6 with the deal) unless it is guaranteed to have WiFi calling.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 WiFi Calling?

Moved to Customer Service.

Infinitekaos - Thank you for posting, I can understand your concern. Yes, Wi-Fi calling is a feature of the Galaxy S7. Please note, that there is a short set up required on initial launch to set up the ability on the phone.

Kareem

Sprint Social Care

Journeyman

It does indeed have wifi calling however i cannot get mine to work. After going through the setup it just sits activated with no established connection.

GrandMaster

its there but more than likely it will need an update pushed out for any issues that have popped up..not to mention to activate it i believe. had to do the same ordeal with my M9.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I was on the phone with tech support about it, they think its phone related.  My wife got the same phone and hers is working with no issues.

So somewhere it works, just not for me.

GrandMaster

huh. they might need to remove it from your line then re add it.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

They tried that, still no change.  They did not have much after that going to be taking it in to a repair center the next day I dont have work to try to check it there.

Did offer to replace after that though, so one way or another I should get it working.

GrandMaster

that works. for shats and giggles you might try backing up your phone and doing a FR on it..cant exactly hurt at this point since they will more than likely end up replacing it anyways.

Sprint Product Ambassador

I am following up to see if you were able to resolve your Wi-Fi Calling on your S7. If not, please send me a private message with your MEID & phone number so that I can have someone take a look at this for you.

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Yes, it was taken care of today (Sat) via a phone swap.  Still not sure what the issue was on the first one, tried everything that the tech online and in store could think of.  Same thing was occurring.  New phone and everything worked on the first go!

Journeyman

I bought the s7 edge last week and the wifi calling option isn't there in the settings menu.  Wifi calling is important to me as it seems that my airrave doesn't like the s7 edge.  I called tech support and they said they were not able to get wifi calling  pushed down to my phone and suggested that I take it to a sprint store.

I took it to a Sprint repair store,  filled out some paper work and left my phone with them for over two hours.   I came back and they said they couldn’t get wifi calling on it either and suggested I take it back to the store where I purchased it.

So today I took it to the store where I purchased it and the manager called some regional repair center and said it was a known issue and that an update on the phone would fix it.  I'm supposed to wait a week and call them back. I showed them this forum and they said the answers on here aren't always correct.

My issue is that I've spoken to multiple tech support people and drove around to multiple stores and no one can agree.   It's like each store is its own entity and they are only working/concerned for themselves.

My question is:  Is this a phone issue (I'll need to swap it out) or update issue?

Thanks

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat