Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 does not accept fingerprint and PIN

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S7 does not accept fingerprint and PIN

Hi there

I have a big problem. It's the second time since I bought my phone recently. I just added 3 fingerprints to my phone and set up a PIN. Just after that I didn't use my phone for couple minutes maybe and now I can not unlock it again. I also tried to restart it. It trys to open the phone and show's that it's connected to the Wifi. But it always gets back to the lock screen or shows me to enter the PIN again. I know the PIN for sure but it won't accept it. The phone is sprint unlocked and has some annoying messages sometimes, like: "unfortunately ui has stopped" 

Can someone help me please cause I don't want to reset it because then some important data is gonna be wiped off.

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S7 does not accept fingerprint and PIN

liondany, sorry to hear you are experiencing device problems, this could be caused by a software issue.  Please check if your software its up to date following the steps below;

Swipe down the Status bar

Tap the Settings icon.

Scroll to and tap System Update.

Tap Download updates manually.

If a system update is available, follow the prompts to install the update.

Note: Before installing a software update, ensure the device is fully charged. For optimal results, it is recommended to connect the device to any Wi-Fi network.

If the software its already updated, or recommendation is to take the device to any Sprint Phone Repair center to have it checked out by one of our technicians. They will be happy to assist you.

To locate a store and set up an appointment, please visit our store locator clicking here

Ina.

Sprint Social Care.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat