cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Goodlock

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Goodlock

This morning my phone said it had app updates so I allowed them to update and set my phone down. When I picked my phone back up it said it had to restart so it restart. When it came back on it had tutorial info to changes in the user interface. No option to decline. Now my lock screen turned pink and had bubbles moving on it and my pull down menu was different. I hated it. What happened was something called Samsung GoodLock. I was able to access the settings for it through a pull down menu that's only available on the lockscreen. I was able to uninstall to return to default user interface. It was nowhere to be found in phone settings itself. This app or rather updated interface is awful, I hated it. It was like a hostile takeover. I didn't do anything to make this happen except click "update all" when my phone had notifications for app updates. Not fair.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Samsung Goodlock

wonder if it was an update for touchwiz. go into the play store and look at recently updated apps..the one that changed it up will be in there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Goodlock

It took me awhile to isolate but it seems it was actually the Samsung User Interface itself that has this Goodlock feature. I didn't think force stopping the user interface would be a good idea. I was able to take Goodlock off but like I said it's pretty sneaky how it comes on and how you have to find the settings to turn it off.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat