cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrambled txts with Galaxy s7

Journeyman

Scrambled txts with Galaxy s7

Ever since switching to Sprint, sent and recieved txt is scrambled. Have to spend time to analyze the txt to put it in propper order. Same with the people I send txt to.  

Never had this problem with other carriers using the same phone.

Sprint has no fix and seems to be ignoring the issue even though they are well aware of the issue.  Seems it is caused by Sprint limmiting the characters of data that can be sent at one time, so they send it out in segments but not in the same order of the original txt.

6 REPLIES 6
Sprint Social Care

Re: Scrambled txts with Galaxy s7

Hey there! Messages may become garbled if they contain more than 160 characters. Has that happen more than 3 times? Let us know, we want to help!

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

i think you can convert long texts into mms messages instead of sms messages and it will keep thit together. you might even look into a 3rd party text app that might be able to convert this.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That happens on most carriers once you pass the 160 character limit, but some will automatically change the format to MMS, which keeps the text together.
I haven't figured out how to change mine to MMS on the Galaxy (New to Sprint also, had a Pixel for a week and could chage that to MMS). Sometimes sent/rec'd texts are numbered to show the order, sometimes not. Super frustrating.
GrandMaster

if you had the Pixel odds are you were using Google Messaging so it might have been the app itself that converted it for you. well unless you downloaded a different texting app. I am currently using the LG V20 which comes with Google Messaging as its stock messaging app and havent noticed this now that im thinking about it..then again i havent had any long winded texts to or from in quite a while either lol.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

True! I forgot about Google Messaging.
If you want to change SMS to MMS, send it as "Urgent." As far as I could tell, nobody could actually see the urgent label.
GrandMaster

if you are running into this wit the S7 you might even have GM on there already..if not download it from the play store..set it up however you would like and give it a run for its money. see if the problem stops..if so then it was a limitation of the app itself. GM tends to be a bit lacking with options though settings wise at least.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat