Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Case review for the Galaxy S7

Sprint Product Ambassador

I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy S7 and the last thing I ever want to happen is any harm come to it.  Whenever I get a phone I look for any case that can protect.  I look for a slim but something that provides maximum protection.  I have tried 4 different cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and here is my review of each:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0737/0479/products/CO-GS7-SLA-BK-00.jpg?v=1456436802

Caseology Vault Series Case

Now my first thought is protection.  But a close second is style and slim build.  The Vault provides a slim body but not much in maximum protection.  It boasts a hard back and rubber sidings in this 2 piece shock absorbent form factor.  It doesn't offer the protection I would like.  I have 4 kids so I need to know if anyone of them have my phone that it is safe.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/0067/products/s7_edge_crystal_shell_title_02_0318fc36-e981-4b47-8c36-bab7ede044f8_grande.jpg?v=1459804217

Spigen Crystal Shell

The next case offers much in design and slimness.  It is a one piece crystal shell that hugs your phone tightly.  On the corners it does have extra protection.  Which is good as the corners are notoriously the weak spots on cell phones nowadays.  But same as the Caseology case this case just doesn't offer the protection that I was looking for.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1461397182540/images/desktop/sam2-galaxy-s7-gt-1.jpg

Otterbox Defender Series

So with my main concern for protection I opted for the Otterbox defender.  We all know Otterbox as the premium carrier for protection your phones.  I tried out the Defender series case and found it to offer the MAX protection I could ever ask for.  The problem is it did not hit even close to my slim requirement.  But I was getting extras I didn't consider with this case.  The front of the case has a screen protector built on to the case.  It also comes with a belt clip.  Due to the size it is reasonable to think you won't be sliding this in and out of your pocket.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1461397182540/images/desktop/sam28-galaxy-s7-20-1.jpg

Otterbox Symmetry Series

So this Goldilocks story does have a happy ending.  My final case I tried was the Otterbox Symmetry series case.  This case hits all of my hot spots.  If offers max protection with a strong 2 piece case.  My ports are covered by flaps so debris or water can't travel there.  As well as it being slim.  I can easily store this phone in my pocket with this case without adjusting all night long.

So to sum it up:

Caseology - great on slim fitting byt less on protection

Spigen - great on slim fitting and design but offers less on protection

Otterbox Defender - Max protection but not slim at all

Otterbox Symmetry - Slim and max protection

So if your looking for a case and protection is not your key goal the Caseology and Spigen would be great fits for you.  If you looking for protection of design or slimness then the Otterbox Defender series.  If you want max protection and a slim design the Symmetry case by Otterbox is the best.  I hope this helped you find a case that best fits your needs.

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?