cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Samsung for water proofing the S7 - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Is-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-waterproof.jpg

It is 8 o’clock the sky has dimmed the lighting and I hear my pool pump whining and in desperate need of a checkup.   So I sprang into action, but I was in need of a flash light and unable to find it due to my kids were seen playing with it last.  I used the flash light on my S7 which comes in really handy when you need a flash light in a pinch.  So There I was trying to investigate the reason for the whining pump, While attempting to remove the pool pump filter basket I forgot to close the valve on the pool inlet and water started to spray everywhere and in the commotion I dropped my S7 in the pump filter basket quickly I shut the valve and recovered my S7.   Thanks to Samsung making the S7 water proof I wasn’t worried about the pool incident.  I just dried the phone and all was well.   I’m glad I had my S7 any other phone would have been toast.   This is one of my favorite features of the new S7.  I think every phone should be water proof because there are so many accidents like this that can destroy a person’s day and information.   Samsung took it a step further and upped the ip rating on the S7 to ip68 and made it even better.  Below is some more information regarding the IP ratings.

IP Rating Reference Chart

Below is an easy to follow reference chart to help you decide which IP rating you need or have.

IP

“Ingress Protection”

First Digit: Solids Protection

Second Digit: Liquids Protection

IP68
Protected from total dust ingress.
Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure.

Source

http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

Thanks for reading!

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."