cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Galaxy S7 showing no messages when i have messages.

Journeyman

Voicemail Galaxy S7 showing no messages when i have messages.

I stopped receiving notifications of voicemail messages on June 15th. I discovered them a couple weeks later. If I call voicemail, I can retrieve them, but they will not download. I am getting a voicemail message on the inbox: Messages failed to download. Was there a software update in mid-June? How can I fix the voicemail app? 

10 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Voicemail Galaxy S7 showing no messages when i have messages.

Saguaro1,

Thank you for brining this situation to our attention, I will be more than glad to help with this issue. I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have this same issue. Can you please answer at the Sprint Community site instead of by private email so I can see the answer? Smiley Happy Thank-you!

Master

Have either of you done a Force Close or Clear Cache on the app? If you have backed up any voicemails you wish to keep, you can also try a Clear Data. But be mindful, the later will erase any voicemails that are listed on the screen.

You can also try going to the All Apps section in Settings, locate the visual voicemail program and see if there is an uninstall updates option. IT will redownload the new version upon a restart or next time it checks, but this will force a reinstall of the app.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

I don't have a visual voicemail listed in my apps list. Thanks!

Sprint Social Care

Hey, please try doing the following:

• Go to your dial pad
  • Dial ##BRAND#
  • This will reset the provisioning parameters and Pre-Loaded application brand customization (VVM, Sprint Zone, etc) but leaves all your personal data intact (including their applications and contacts).

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

out of curiosity was your S7 purchased from Sprint or directly from Samsung or another vendor?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

My phone was purchased directly from Sprint. 

Journeyman

Thank you for your help. I finally called Sprint. After several tries, I was told to power off, power back on and enter ##72786# on the phone dial pad. It worked! It reset my phone but I didn't lose any data.

Journeyman

Hey! Thanks for responding. I finally called Sprint and turned off the phone, turned it back on and entered ##72786#. It reset everything but didn't lose any data or apps. It worked!!

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

claybutterfly,

Thank you for the good news! If you need anything else related to our service, do not hesitate to contact us, have a good rest of your day!

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat