cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi Calling doesn't turn on

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wifi Calling doesn't turn on

I'm having issues turning on Wifi Calling.  I recently purchased this device new from Amazon.  It is a SM-930P.  The device is running the latest software "G930PVPU4BQH1".  When I enter the Wifi Calling screen, after clicking "On", the slider immediately flips back to "Off".  There is no error message.

I went into a sprint store a few weeks back to have them look at it.  At first, they ran ##72786#, and ##Brand#.  Neither of these fixed my issue, they then proceeded to factory reset my phone on two occassions in the same visit with no avail.

Next the store looked into the phone, checked the IMEI and Sim card to verify they matched their records.  At this time, they noticed that the "Wifi Calling" service was not listed on my account.  They tried to add that code to my account, and that wasn't a service they could add.  They then tried to remove my phone from my account and then put it back on in hopes that it would add that code in.

Finally, the store called NSS, where the store walked through a couple things with them, before being defeated.

Both the store and NSS seemed to think that the lack of "Wifi Calling" service code on my account is the issue, but neither knew how to fix the issue.

I appreciate any help others can offer me.

12 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: Wifi Calling doesn't turn on

hkmorgan1987,

Hi! Thank you for contacting us with this concern. You state the device is new from Amazon, is the device from Sprint? Was it previously with another carrier? What is the model of the device? Please let me know for further investigations.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

The device was purchased on Amazon.  It was new in box, never activated on another carrier.  It is a Sprint branded Galaxy S7, SM-G930P.  When I went into the Sprint store initially to have the phone activiated on my account, they dropped a SIM card in, did the activation.  I've had no problems with the device except for Wifi Calling.

GrandMaster

pull up your dial pad and type in ##BRAND# or ##27263#.

actually..is the option there and just not working or its completely missing? are any other Sprint type apps missing? voicemail? my sprint? let me know about those first before doing that code above.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

All apps are there, Wifi Calling shows up as both an app and as an option in settings.  When On is clicked in Wifi Calling.  It immediately turns off with no error messages.

It appears all of the Sprint apps are here.  Voicemail, Wifi Calling, Sprint ID, Sprint Spot, My Sprint/Launcher, and the Amazon apps, all appear in my app drawer.

Per my original post, the store ran both ##72786# and ##BRAND#, as well as did two factory resets.

GrandMaster

woof.

did you add in the location info for the whole 911 deal before the FR and after?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

im horrible at reading back through posts. are you using Google voice?
Journeyman

I don't have the option to add my location.  Wifi Calling turns off before any other prompt comes up.  When I hit the 3 dots at the top of the wifi calling app, only Help and Tutorial are clickable, the other 3 options are disabled.

I am not using google voice.

GrandMaster

so weird. i have the LG G6 and its not an app for me..now that i think of it it wasnt an app on my LG V20 either. it was just a clickable built in deal.

and you dont have anything on your phone called Calling Plus correct?
Journeyman

It's both an app, and in the settings menu.  Using the app seems to be a shortcut to the settings menu.  I don't have Calling Plus on this device.  

GrandMaster

im at a loss on this one. its not a unlocked non carrier branded device or you would be missing all the other carrier specific apps..so weird. i wonder if there is any way the repair store can attempt to reflash the device after its been FR to see if it can boot anything? a long stretch but...actually...wifi calling is activated on your line correct? dumb question i know.
Journeyman

hkmorgan1987 wrote:

I'm having issues turning on Wifi Calling.  I recently purchased this device new from Amazon.  It is a SM-930P.  The device is running the latest software "G930PVPU4BQH1".  When I enter the Wifi Calling screen, after clicking "On", the slider immediately flips back to "Off".  There is no error message.

I went into a sprint store a few weeks back to have them look at it.  At first, they ran ##72786#, and ##Brand#.  Neither of these fixed my issue, they then proceeded to factory reset my phone on two occassions in the same visit with no avail.

Next the store looked into the phone, checked the IMEI and Sim card to verify they matched their records.  At this time, they noticed that the "Wifi Calling" service was not listed on my account.  They tried to add that code to my account, and that wasn't a service they could add.  They then tried to remove my phone from my account and then put it back on in hopes that it would add that code in.

Finally, the store called NSS, where the store walked through a couple things with them, before being defeated.

Both the store and NSS seemed to think that the lack of "Wifi Calling" service code on my account is the issue, but neither knew how to fix the issue.

I appreciate any help others can offer me.

Per my original post, both the store tech and NSS said they thought there was supposed to be a Wifi Calling service code attached to my account.  They said that when the phone was activated, that should have been added to the account automatically.  So they manually tried to add the service, which was not listed as an available option, they also tried removing my phone from the account and re-adding.  Since neither could figure this out, I came to the forum.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat