cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7

0 Comments

You read correctly - Treat Dad (or yourself) to a new Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and you can also get a FREE Galaxy Tab E tablet AND pick up a FREE Gear VR by Oculus! And if that isn't enough, how about $100 in FREE gift cards?!

We are in the final week of an awesome trifecta of promos from Sprint and Samsung that has to be the best deal going! You have to hurry to get in on all three. Buy or lease a new Galaxy S7 or S7 edge by June 26, and purchase the Galaxy Tab E in the same transaction, and you get the Tab E tablet for FREE. Get the details here.

gf_s7edge.png    TabE.jpg

If you purchase your new S7 or S7 edge by June 26 and register your purchase with Samsung (no later than July 7) they will send you a Samsung Gear VR by Oculus for FREE. Get the details here. Check out the cool and burgeoning world of Virtual Reality with your new Galaxy S7 / S7 edge and Gear VR!

GearVR.png

As if all that isn't enough...Samsung and Sprint will give you up to $100 in free gift cards when you register a qualifying Samsung device by July 7, register a qualifying debit or credit card with Samsung Pay, and make the required number of purchases before the end of July. Read the short story on AndroidAuthority for more details on the promo.

• Get the GS7/Edge and receive up to $100 in Gift Cards when you use Samsung Pay*
    • $20 for 3 transactions, $30 for 5 transactions, $50 for 10 transactions (combined total $100)
  • Offer Valid: 5/13 ~ 7/7 - Customers have until 7/31 to complete their 10 transactions

SamPay+Sprint.png

There you go! Three great promos that are all active at once, but only for a limited time! So hurry to your local Sprint store or shop Sprint.com for a Galaxy S7 or S7 edge to get in on the free Galaxy Tab E Android tablet, free Gear VR by Oculus VR headset and up to $100 in free gift cards just for using Samsung Pay for normal, every day purchases.

As always, there are restrictions that apply. I put links to the promo details in each section. Leave a comment if you have questions, or reach out to our award winning CARE team. Until next time,

CJ

Your Sprint Galaxy S7 edge Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

350fr.PNG

Well maybe not everything,and certainly not around corners but it can see all around itself, thus it's clever name.

The Gear 360 is a space age little creature that is smarter and slicker than your average camera, and a perfect compliment to your Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge.  Built for high resolution VR capture, the Gear 360 is dust and splash proof, designed to capture "life as it happens".  It has an IP53 rating normally but with an optional housing, can be fully IP67 rated.

360 blurb.jpg

Gear 360 is compatible with Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7, Galaxy Note5, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S6 edge, and Galaxy S6 and works with the Samsung Gear 360 Manager app on Google Play.  It can also work with Google Street View so you can add your own content to one of Google's most popular services.  Who knew that a 360 view of a walk through Mom's garden would be so popular?

It even has a cool little tripod to just be a tabletop camera but there's more accessories that Samsung is bringing out every day.  Seeing as how VR is the "next big thing", the 360 is your companion to help developers grab great content for their VR apps.

Download Gear Manager from Google Play here.

360mgr.PNG

Here's how to get started:

Can't wait to get our hands on one of these to thoroughly test it out and report back.

Right now we're not seeing that it has been released in the US though you can get the international version on Amazon.com, albeit at a hefty price!

If any of you have managed to get one, have tried it out and have some great stories, please leave a comment!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee#

0 Comments

I have compiled some tips and tricks many may not know about.

(Video taken from PCmag.com)

How to Use a MicroSD Card on the Samsung Galaxy S7 - YouTube

Did you know that you can use an SD card with your S7.  If not I have posted a video to help you find it.  Adding this SD card can greatly help you resolve any issues you may come into with space on your S7.  Another good tip is to make your downloads and pictures path go directly to the SD card so you can transfer from phone to phone.  I still have pictures from 3 phones ago on my SD card.

http://cdn.slashgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/samsung-galaxy-s7-sg-24.jpg

(Picture taken from slashgear.com)

Did you know that the Samsung Galaxy S7 is IP68 rated.  This means the phone is practically impervious to dust and can be in water up to 3 feet.  You can't use the he screen while the phone is submerged in water.  However, if you access the camera before submerging you can use the volume keys to take pictures.  If you try this out be careful and don't keep your phone submerged for to long just in case.  But have fun with it.

http://www.droid-life.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/galaxy-s7-always-on-display-3.jpg

(Picture taken from Droid-life.com)

Finally, on to my favorite feature the Always on feature.  This allows you to quick check the time, missed calls, or missed texts on your phone without turning it on.  Samsung says this feature uses less than 1 percent of the battery per hour.  You can find the option to maximize and configure it how you like it in the settings menu.  You have the choice of several clock styles as well as different designs of images.  But unfortunately you will be unable to use your own images.

I hoped at least one of these helped you.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

galaxy-s7-htc-10-lg-g5.jpg

The Samsung S7 has a lot to live up to with the present flagship devices from other manufactures. With all the phone manufactures chasing each other and constantly trying to outshine their competition with features, looks and functionality. The HTC 10 is really mimicking the motto "if it aint broke, don't fix it" attitude. I believe Samsung is in this boat as well, trying to make their existing product better without changing to much. The LG G5 is changing drastically year over year and the G5 is the biggest leap yet. The LG G5 in my opinion is really reaching for the special use case individuals that want a modular phone.  HTC's newest iteration will really please HTC fans as the S7 did for the Samsung group. Below I have attached the specs for each phone comparing these three heavy hitters.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 17.03.32.png

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 16.45.28.png

Samsung wins this category in my opinion with the added water resistance. All these phones are using premium material and have moved away from plastic for the most part. The G5 is the only of the three that has gotten away from their last iteration body design.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 16.45.46.png

The display is almost identical and is pretty much the same across the board. I like Samsung AMOLED technology for deeper blacks and higher contrast. The LCD screens with have more realistic colors represented through.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 16.46.10.png

This cameras on paper are almost identical again. Samsung has really figured out camera hardware and software making their experience the best. They are constantly pushing the innovation in their camera technology. Plus Samsung's laser focus on the camera is the fastest I have seen, almost instant.

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 16.46.25.png

Pretty much the same year after year, all of these phone are ridiculously over powered and fast. Its a great feeling!

Screen Shot 2016-05-25 at 16.46.40.png

Samsung finally listened to the users and shoved a bigger battery in the body. This stopped them from making the phone lighter and smaller but no one is complaining about that. They want battery life and Samsung delivered! I really beleive Samsung has made a phone that out performs their compition and will age much better than the rest.

First image via yahoo.com

Rest of the pictures from gsmarena.com

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee#

0 Comments

Last year Samsung's S6 and S6 edge devices did away with the microSD card slot. Samsung thought most customers would not miss the change. Well...they were wrong. And they listened. So this year the microSD card slot is back!

Not only did Samsung reintroduce the SD card slot for S7 and S7 edge owners, but they went one step further by including a micro-USB to USB-A dongle adapter in the box. This means you can attach a normal USB "thumb drive" to your S7/S7 edge to back up or copy files and media. Below is pictured my S7 edge, the box and the micro-USB to USB-A adapter (the thumb drive is mine and does not come with the Galaxy device).

storage-1.jpg

There's no setting to change or check, just plug in the adapter and plug a thumb drive into the adapter. Voila! Instant storage for backing up files, copying media and saving photos. Once you plug in your thumb drive just tap on the USB storage option in the Storage settings (Settings > Storage).

storage-2.jpg

Even without the adapter and thumb drive you can configure your S7/S7 edge to use Google Drive as a cloud service for files, photos and media. Google gives all Gmail account owners at least 15 GB of free cloud storage. I own a Chromebook, which adds 200GB of Google Drive storage so combined together I have 215GB of Google cloud at my disposal.

storage-2g.jpg

But wait there's more!

Use the included SIM tool or a push-pin to pop out the SIM/microSD card tray from the top edge of the device and you now have access to the re-introduced microSD card storage slot. The device does not come with a microSD card so you have to "BYOC." The Galaxy S7/S7 edge devices support up to 200GB microSD memory cards. Note: The Galaxy S7/S7 edge devices do not support Android Marshmallow's Adoptable Storage, but you can still use the card for media storage.

storage-4.jpg

photo credit: phandroid.com

storage-5.jpg

photo credit: androidcentral.com

If you choose to use your own microSD card slot you will want to make sure your data stays protected even if you lose or misplace the memory card, or if your device is stolen. When you enable device encryption, the microSD card is not encrypted by default. Go into Settings > Lock screen and security > Encrypt SD card to encrypt the card to the device. Once you encrypt the card to the device it cannot be read unless or until it is reinserted back in the original device and the device is properly unlocked.

storage-6.jpg

photo credit: androidcentral.com

I hope you find these tips to be useful. Until next time,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

CJ

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

GLXS7-ICE-PT02.303.png

Urban Armor Gear case are great for protection and they also look great, with Military grade drop test protection. This case is great, I will be looking for more UAG cases for all of the phones I use. I purchased the UAG Maverick Ice case, they have multiple color options Black, Ash, Rust, White, Magma, and Cobalt.  The case feels great in your hand it has a slim design and a great grip and the buttons line up perfect and is very easy to use. This case makes the phone look great and catches the eyes of anyone that looks at the phone.  The only down side is there is no screen protector with this case.  I usually buy glass screen protection for all my phones, but due to the rounded edges of the phone it makes glass look unappealing.  Here are some features of the case

• Feather-light composite construction
  • Armor shell and impact resistant soft core
  • Oversized tactile buttons and non-slip ruggedized grip
  • Easy access to touchscreen and ports
  • Scratch resistant skid pads and screen surround
  • Meets military drop-test standards (MIL STD 810G 516.6)

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Thanks for reading!

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

0 Comments

https://images.iskysoft.com/mac-iphone-data-recovery/find-lost-phone.png

(Picture from iskysoft.com)

What if your phone is lost or stolen?  Well with your new Samsung Galaxy S7 you have a feature already built into your phone for that exact problem.  It is called Android Device Manager and is very useful.  So for instance we will say your phone is stolen.  Simple go to Android Device Manager and Log into your google account.  You will receive some options for your phone.

ADM.PNG

Android Device Manager allows you to locate you phone.  It also allows functions such as ringing it, locking it, and erasing it.  This is a great feature already built into the phone.  I love this for so many reasons.  My wife constantly loses her phone in our house.  I joke that when she walks into the house she blindly spins and throws her phone somewhere.  But with this tool it makes finding it easy.  Simply log on and select the ring feature and it rings a very audible tone to find your phone.  This feature works even if the phone is set to vibrate.  Having the ability to lock it when thinking you left it at a restaurant or business is great.  Now what if you have lost it and kind find it or even worse think someone may have stolen it.  If there is something on there you don't want anyone seeing then simple choose the erase feature.

I hope you learned something from this blog that you may not have known about.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

s7_crystal_shell_title_clear_02_e6d09319-f954-4adf-b61c-37a805910403_grande.jpg

Spigen makes great cases for tons of phones with multiple designs to fit your need. The Crystal Shell clear case offers protection it has military grade drop test rating and with the clear design it lets you show off the great color and design of this phone. The case also comes in 3 different colors, Rose crystal, Dark crystal and Clear crystal. I have the Clear crystal case and it’s a very slim and clean looking case.  The only drawback to any clear case that I have ever used is the pocket lint and dust will get between the rubber and the phone. I tend to clean my phone more often when the case is clear verse a dark case.  The fit is great the power and volume buttons are very easy to use. .

Thanks for reading!

longd_s7_crystal_shell_4a97cb9c-c8b2-43c1-949f-4d6bcdeea6ad (1).jpg

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

0 Comments

Recently, I let my son hold my phone which if you know him might be the dumbest act that a person with a high end phone can do.

He is a whirling dervish, he is the human incarnation of the Tasmanian Devil. I know its dangerous to give him the phone, but what can you do when your at a restaurant and he is just going crazy.
This past Sunday, my family and I decided to go out with some friends after church to Noodles and Company (chipotle of noodles). Like as if were on que, my son decides he has had enough lunch and wants to be free. To appease him and also to quell the number of stares we are getting from neighboring patrons I decided to give him my S7. I thought some cartoons might appease him, but oh no. This guy decided to take my phone and throw it into the fountain that was there. Luckily for me, the Galaxy S7 is waterproof.

When I first heard about phones being waterproof, I thought it was like most of the features that phones recently have. A good idea but not that practical. I thought, who really wants to be like Aquaman and go swimming with your phone. I can tell you that parents with kids really will be able to take use this feature. I would put it as one of the best features to consider when purchasing your phone.

This is my son Xavier, and that is the fountain that he decided would give my S7 a bath.

Xman.1.jpg

Xman.2.jpg

0 Comments

Ever get annoyed at those parents who constantly show pictures of their kids and make it seem as if they are the smartest, funniest and the most athletic? Don't those parents just make you sick? If you said yes, then I will make you sick, unfortunately for you I am one of those parents. For people of my ilk, having a phone that takes good pictures are a must. Being able to capture those moments as my kids get older is my primary concern when buying a phone. The Samsung Galaxy S7 gives you a great camera with all the needed features with no bloat, the galaxy is the device for you if you want simplicity with quality. The 12 Megapixel camera offers get picture clarity even when the lighting isn't the best.

The focus feature on other devices can really slow down the performance of the camera as the phone adjusts to what was just pressed. The Galaxy is almost seamless in this, just click the on the object you want to focus on and the camera adjusts quickly, thus allowing you to capture the moments without it slipping away. Samsung has engineered this phone to use 100% of the pixels to allow the phone to focus thus enabling the speed that is so needed to capture photos of the little ones. Having an SD slot really allows you the piece of mind to begin clicking away.

pic 1.jpg

Thanks

Stanny George

Sprint IP Services

0 Comments

Samsung-Pay-640x397.jpg

The problem of personal and financial data leakage and theft is becoming an epidemic that makes it increasingly difficult for consumers to trust the institutions, social networks, banks, stores and even gas stations (especially gas stations!) that they have long frequented and invested in in their own communities. Cheap credit card skimmers cleverly hidden on every day point-of-sale (POS) terminals in major stores have been frustrating consumers, draining their bank accounts and making thieves richer and bolder.

I myself was the victim of a card skimmer hidden inside of a gas pump on Interstate 5 in California on my way to visit family.  I was pumping gas and noticed a black car on the other side of the pump island sort of hanging around longer than they normally should having had plenty of time to fill up.  Little did I know they were just waiting for me and others like me to swipe my card on the skimmer they had hidden in my has pump so they can take it and use it to create zombie images of my credit card to go on shopping sprees.  Of course a few days later I was contacted by my bank's fraud department asking if I had spent $400 at Bebe in Las Vegas.  Um, no.. not exactly my store of choice.  Something was amiss.

Needless to say, since then I have been extra careful with my card and never use my PIN, always examining pumps and ATMs for skimmers and making sure I use my ZIP code vs a PIN every time.

With my increasing use of Samsung Pay on my Galaxy S7, like everyone I wondered.. how secure is this?

Well, as it turns out.. very.  Way more secure than your credit card in fact, even moreso then the shiny new chip-n-PIN card your bank may have recently mailed you.  You know, the one that you don't swipe but instead slip into the slot of a POS machine and it.... takes......... forever......?  Yeah, that one.

Well the great thing about Samsung Pay is that it's completely "skimmer proof" as it never uses your actual credit card number at all when you are doing your transaction.  Instead, it uses a security protocol called tokenization which essentially converts your credit card number into a random value known only to the merchant/bank.

Per Samsung:

Tokenization is a method of protecting payment card information by substituting the card's number with a unique alphanumeric identifier, generated using proprietary algorithms. The unique identifier, or token, is then used for sending the transaction to the card's payment network, where it is decrypted and the transaction authorized. The actual card number is stored in a secure vault (with the payment processor or bank) and does not reside on the merchant's or Samsung's systems. Tokenization is being used to reduce security risks inherent in the collection and transfer of highly sensitive data between merchants and the card's payment network. Tokenized data is not mathematically reversible and is useless unless you have the original key used to create the token, limiting the chance of your payment information being stolen or compromised. The transaction is seamless and requires no changes on the part of the merchant or consumer.

Even if a skimmer were to somehow capture your tokenized data, the would be thief would not have the merchant key to decrypt it.  Ha!  Crime doesn't pay, especially when you're trying to rip off someone with Samsung Pay.

So just know that the next time you tap your awesome new Galaxy S7 against a POS terminal using Samsung Pay, you're way more protected than they guy or gal behind you about to use their credit card mag stripe.

For more reading on the security of Samsung Pay, you can read a great Samsung Insights article here.

The more you know today, the more you Samsung pay!

Happy (and secure) shopping!

Until next time,

0 Comments

GiftCard_Pop_6077.jpg

Anyone following Product Ambassador blogs on Sprint Community may have read about the magic of Samsung Pay, but if you still haven't tried this awesome new technology, this might be your best reason to.

Anyone with a Sprint Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge is eligible for this promotion which started on May 13th and ends on July 7th, so fire up that Samsung Pay app and get started!  Keep in mind that as with any offer, there are some caveats like purchase price of your device and the cards that you can use so make sure to read the fine print.

Basically, here's how it works, courtesy of Sammobile:

• For the next three weeks, all customers who sign up, add a compatible card and make three in-store payments using the platform will receive a $20 complimentary gift card for use in either Nike, Whole Foods, Overstock, Toys R Us or GAP.
  • If they continue to use the service and make a total of five transactions during the aforementioned offer period, they’ll be awarded another gift card worth $30, which can, of course, be redeemed in the same retailers.
  • Finally, if a total of ten payments are processed during the timeframe, customers will be presented with a $50 gift card, in addition to the $20 and $30 offerings — so there’s a total of $100 worth of free rewards up for grabs as part of this deal.

Not bad at all, especially for just using the best mobile payment service in the market.

So, give it and try and earn yourself some money in the meantime.

Once you start using Samsung Pay, you'll never go back to the "old ways" of card swipe again, unless you're forced to!

Until next time,

1 Comment

As parents, we would love to protect our kids from every dangerous thing that can befall them. I know my wife wishes she could just wrap up my son in bubble wrap and let him go to protect him from himself. I know I feel the same way about the high-end phones that many of us have. My heart goes straight to my throat every time I see my son Xavier pick up my phone. I know what he is about to do. Xman's normal modus operandi is to keep tapping on the phone hoping to unlock it, take a glance to see if I notice him, then when he sees me coming for him, he throws the phone away and run. In these few seconds, I shriek in horror knowing that the screen is about to look like a drawing from Charlotte's web.

I cringe when I am out and about and see people with their premium devices with no case on it. Either they have vice grip like hands or are delusional enough to think that we humans are very clumsy by our nature. Murphy’s Law states that anything that can go wrong, will go wrong. The term butter fingers has been thrown at me many times by my friends, whether it’s when a football thrown to me or even something small as a set of keys or a TV remote. I have no confidence in keeping my phone safe.

The Otterbox is the way to go for people such as I, it gives the person the needed protection without sacrificing the aesthetics of the phone. My Galaxy S7 is now in an Otterbox Commuter case. The box states on-the-go protection, this is a great descriptive term for how the case interacts with you. Once the honeymoon period of having a phone wears off, the user picks up the phone when he or she goes anywhere without thinking. It is a subconscious maneuver to scoop up the device and place it in a pocket, or purse of some sort. This Otterbox, while giving you the protection needed doesn’t add the bulk that other cases have. It is simple yet effective.

One of the bullet point on the back of the box states that this case is a perfect fit for your pocket. Built for the daily grind. I can attest to this, while I am not a millennial worrying about being able to fit this in a pocket of my skinny jean. My Galaxy S7 has been in the Otterbox for 4 weeks now, it continues to survive the hurricane in my house that is named Xavier. The Otterbox it the best value of any case out on the market in my humble opinion.

Thanks

Stanny George

0 Comments

The number 1 feature I love on the Samsung Galaxy S7 is the quick charge feature.  Now granted this isn't the first phone to feature it but it is still my favorite.  The problem is getting the right charger.  This blog is to help you find quick chargers.  I travel a lot and between home and work I need to have a couple chargers on hand.  So I have ventured out and found some great material on www.gottabemobile.com that shows you exactly what chargers can help.

Qualcomm Quick Charge 2 0 vs. Conventional Chargers - YouTube

Samsung-OEM-fastcharge.jpg?resize=720%2C520

If you like the original charger that came with your Samsung device best bet is to find an identical on sites like Amazon for 12 dollars.  This ensures you have the perfect charging experience that you have with your in box charger.

Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-12.54.58-PM-720x514.jpg

The 18w Anker wall charger is another good choice.  "The Anker 18w Quick Charge 2.0 certified charger will power up your device up to 75% faster than typical chargers. These work wonderfully with the Galaxy S7, and will charge all your other micro-USB powered devices at regular speeds. It's completely safe, and comes with a micro-USB cable too. It comes in Black or White, and has a fold-away prong design. Perfect for those on the go. " (Gottabemobile.com)

Screen-Shot-2016-02-29-at-1.00.14-PM-720x636.jpg

iClever is another very popular brand for accessories.  This charger will not only work for your S7 but other devices like LG G5 and the HTC One M10.

For full article visit: Gottabemobile

All pictures and quotes taken from article.

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.51.37.png           

The Galaxy S7 is such a great looking phone I understand the argument for people not using a case for their device. Samsung designed their phone to be held without a case and feel great in the hand. It really is a shame to cover up the great looking phone. Spigen understands how some users want to show off their phone and admire it, I believe the Crystal Shell is for those people.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.54.15.png

The case provides great protection from drops and scratches. With the device already being water proof this is a great minimalistic case. This case is completely transparent to show off the craftsmanship of the Samsung Galaxy S7. The case has Spigen’s famous “Air Cushion Technology” This provides a pocket of hair to minimize the impact.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.53.58.png

The four corners of the device are designed to take the most impact because that is typically how your phone falls to the ground. This really gives me peace of mind having the added protection on the corners.

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.54.24.png

0 Comments

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.02.39.png

With today?s phone becoming more and more ascetically pleasing it?s important to protect your pricy piece of gadgetry. I?m not saying the S7 is more delicate than any other flagship phone out right now but I don?t want to find out that hard way. It?s still a lot of glass that can be cracked with a good impact on a hard surface. Now the good news is the device is water proof! This is one less thing Otterbox had to worry about when designing their Commuter series for the Galaxy S7. I have been using my Commuter case since the beginning and love the added grip and protection this case provides.

I was biking recently and had my phone in a bike mount and I hit a tree root on the trail and it really shook the bike while riding over it and I watched my precious S7 fly up with the mount attached and hit face first probably going around 10-15 mph. I know Otterbox makes really tough cases but I was sure I was going to have at least a little damage. Well Otterbox didn?t disappoint one bit. I picked it up begrudgingly and was amazed to see my phone perfectly fine. I took it out of the case and was amazed to see nothing on the phone itself. Otterbox did include a plastic screen protector that had a few scratches from the sand but my chassis and glass were not damaged.

Otterbox once again saved my phone, this is not the first time I tested the durability while biking on accident. I was happy to have the rubber flaps to protect my ports from getting sand in them, but now that I think about it, I could just dunk my phone in some water to wash it out!

Screen Shot 2016-05-09 at 15.02.50.png

Images provided by otterbox.com

0 Comments

Its been a good 4 weeks since I got the Samsung Galaxy S7, the time has given me a great opportunity to put this phone through its paces. The device has made it so far through the gauntlet that is my family and my own blunders. My son Xavier has put this phone through the fire and like gold it has come out pure on the other side. Though I don't recommend to test the sturdiness of this phone, I can attest that it withstood my 2 year old boy constantly poking and even throwing the device at a few times.

There are functions on a phone that at first you may not think are useful, one such function for me was the fingerprint reader. Since I first used the function, it has been a staple for me, it is the only way that I unlock the phone, I love the piece of mind that I have with knowing that no one else has my fingerprints. I love the preciseness of this function, on other phones I would have to keep trying the fingerprint reader multiple times before it took, but with the Galaxy its a one and done motion.

Water resistance, most of you may think SO WHAT, I don't plan on pretending to be Aquaman and take this phone to Atlantis.

I recently went to clean my pool with flip flops on as most Floridians will do. While I was scraping the bottom of the pool, I accidently slipped on the edge of pool and fell right in. At first I was in shock and horror because I had my phone in my pocket as I was listening to the Hamilton the musical soundtrack. I had nothing to worry about, the phone is resistant to water and I was able to go back to cleaning the pool and listening to more tracks.

Camera Quality is a must for me, as a father of 3 kids I need to be able to capture those little moments in the lives of my kids to remember and to embarrass when they get older. I have my phone ready to take pictures and capture video at a moments notice. The quality of the camera is superb, its crystal clear and the functionality of the software is great. The ease of use and the numerous options are a plus for me. Being able to launch the camera by double clicking on the home button is also a great feature.

This photo may seem grainy to you, but keep in mind that I was over 300 feet away and was able to get decent picture of my daughter getting her end of the year awards at church.

20160504_182320.jpg

I look forward to continue using this phone for months to come.

0 Comments

I absolutely love my Samsung Galaxy S7 and the last thing I ever want to happen is any harm come to it.  Whenever I get a phone I look for any case that can protect.  I look for a slim but something that provides maximum protection.  I have tried 4 different cases for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and here is my review of each:

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0737/0479/products/CO-GS7-SLA-BK-00.jpg?v=1456436802

Caseology Vault Series Case

Now my first thought is protection.  But a close second is style and slim build.  The Vault provides a slim body but not much in maximum protection.  It boasts a hard back and rubber sidings in this 2 piece shock absorbent form factor.  It doesn't offer the protection I would like.  I have 4 kids so I need to know if anyone of them have my phone that it is safe.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0808/0067/products/s7_edge_crystal_shell_title_02_0318fc36-e981-4b47-8c36-bab7ede044f8_grande.jpg?v=1459804217

Spigen Crystal Shell

The next case offers much in design and slimness.  It is a one piece crystal shell that hugs your phone tightly.  On the corners it does have extra protection.  Which is good as the corners are notoriously the weak spots on cell phones nowadays.  But same as the Caseology case this case just doesn't offer the protection that I was looking for.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1461397182540/images/desktop/sam2-galaxy-s7-gt-1.jpg

Otterbox Defender Series

So with my main concern for protection I opted for the Otterbox defender.  We all know Otterbox as the premium carrier for protection your phones.  I tried out the Defender series case and found it to offer the MAX protection I could ever ask for.  The problem is it did not hit even close to my slim requirement.  But I was getting extras I didn't consider with this case.  The front of the case has a screen protector built on to the case.  It also comes with a belt clip.  Due to the size it is reasonable to think you won't be sliding this in and out of your pocket.

http://demandware.edgesuite.net/aaez_prd/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog_OtterBox/default/v1461397182540/images/desktop/sam28-galaxy-s7-20-1.jpg

Otterbox Symmetry Series

So this Goldilocks story does have a happy ending.  My final case I tried was the Otterbox Symmetry series case.  This case hits all of my hot spots.  If offers max protection with a strong 2 piece case.  My ports are covered by flaps so debris or water can't travel there.  As well as it being slim.  I can easily store this phone in my pocket with this case without adjusting all night long.

So to sum it up:

Caseology - great on slim fitting byt less on protection

Spigen - great on slim fitting and design but offers less on protection

Otterbox Defender - Max protection but not slim at all

Otterbox Symmetry - Slim and max protection

So if your looking for a case and protection is not your key goal the Caseology and Spigen would be great fits for you.  If you looking for protection of design or slimness then the Otterbox Defender series.  If you want max protection and a slim design the Symmetry case by Otterbox is the best.  I hope this helped you find a case that best fits your needs.

?Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.?

0 Comments

Is-Samsung-Galaxy-S7-waterproof.jpg

It is 8 o’clock the sky has dimmed the lighting and I hear my pool pump whining and in desperate need of a checkup.   So I sprang into action, but I was in need of a flash light and unable to find it due to my kids were seen playing with it last.  I used the flash light on my S7 which comes in really handy when you need a flash light in a pinch.  So There I was trying to investigate the reason for the whining pump, While attempting to remove the pool pump filter basket I forgot to close the valve on the pool inlet and water started to spray everywhere and in the commotion I dropped my S7 in the pump filter basket quickly I shut the valve and recovered my S7.   Thanks to Samsung making the S7 water proof I wasn’t worried about the pool incident.  I just dried the phone and all was well.   I’m glad I had my S7 any other phone would have been toast.   This is one of my favorite features of the new S7.  I think every phone should be water proof because there are so many accidents like this that can destroy a person’s day and information.   Samsung took it a step further and upped the ip rating on the S7 to ip68 and made it even better.  Below is some more information regarding the IP ratings.

IP Rating Reference Chart

Below is an easy to follow reference chart to help you decide which IP rating you need or have.

IP

“Ingress Protection”

First Digit: Solids Protection

Second Digit: Liquids Protection

IP68
Protected from total dust ingress.
Protected from long term immersion up to a specified pressure.

Source

http://www.dsmt.com/resources/ip-rating-chart/

Thanks for reading!

0 Comments

adopt.jpg

Anyone who follows Android closely may have become aware of some debate in the Android community around the new way that Google has engineered memory implementation in Android 6.0.  We here at the Product Ambassador team have an gnawing curiosity about these kinds of things and wanted to explore this a little further.

Android has long been criticized by lack of adequate support for removable storage such as SD cards. evidenced by lack of SD card slots on Nexus devices, a trend which continues in the latest devices, Nexus 5x and Nexus 6p.

In pre KitKat 4.0 devices, SD card support in Android did not have clear guidelines for app developers and was poorly implemented with a basic lack of standards for application developers and OEMs to adhere to but still basically worked as an external removable memory partition on a device. 

In KitKat 4.0, SD card support was radically restricted to only allow SD cards access to application specific directories due to "security reasons" (at least according to Google) which broke applications and even changed functionality in things like the camera.

In Lollipop 5.0, the application specific directory requirement was relaxed to allow apps access to non app specific directories which improved the user experience but still kept the memory separate from internal storage which prevented certain apps from saving data to SD cards properly.  This caused more ROM to be used on the device vs the card resulting in user complaints especially for very large files such as media and game data.

In Android 6.0, Google has fixed many of the issues. Marshmallow introduces the concept of Adoptable Storage and Portable Storage. Adoptable Storage enables a user to set up their SD card as a true internal memory partition and store application data on an "adopted" SD card.

With Android 6.0, many OEMs are now deprecating any existing 'move apps to SD' feature they may have built in their Android builds or "skins" which enabled the user to move applications to a SD card in favor of the richer experience natively provided by Android.

While Adoptable Storage is an improvement in how Android allocates memory for SD cards, it is not perfect.  There are card speed requirements above Class 6, preferably UHS-1 and there is also a requirement to encrypt the card which will result in reformatting once the card is removed from the device.  The intent is to essentially keep the card in the device indefinitely which is not very acceptable to people who want to use the card in other devices and media. 

"Adoptable"/Internal Storage

• A user should select this mode if they want to completely extend their device storage with the card, and need the card to store large applications, games, and their data.
  • They have a high-speed card (preferably UHS-1).
  • If the user wants to store large games or other app data on the card, if their device storage is always filling up its RAM, and they plan to always keep this card in the device, the recommendation is to keep the card as internal.

Portable Storage:

• A user should select this mode if they frequently swap their SD card between devices and use their SD card for media storage only.
  • They have a Class 2, 4, or 6 card.
  • If they frequently swap cards, use their SD card to transfer content between devices and do not download many large apps, the recommendation is to configuring their card as "portable".
  • Only pictures and media can be stored on the card. Downloaded applications and their data, is always internal and cannot be moved to the card.
  • The card is readable by other devices. (another phone, Mac, PC, digital camera)
  • Content on the card is not encrypted by default.
  • The card will NOT be reformatted when Portable storage is selected.

So, the Samsung Galaxy S7 supports Adoptable Storage right?

Wrong.

But why not?

Samsung believes that formatting the SD card to act as internal memory results in a poor user experience and created the following statement to explain more around why they made this decision:

"Samsung decided not to use the Android Marshmallow 'adoptable storage' model. We believe that our users want a microSD card to transfer files between their phone and other devices (laptop, tablet, etc.), especially the photos and videos they shoot with the camera.

With adoptable storage, first of all the card may be erased the first time it is inserted into the device. This behavior may be unexpected by many users and we don't want our users to lose their files. Second, once Marshmallow starts using a card for adoptable storage, it cannot be read by other devices, so it loses this ability to be used for file transfer. Adoptable Storage is also primarily targeted towards emerging markets where devices with only 4 (GB) to 8 GB of onboard storage are common. We think that our model of using microSD for mass storage is more in-line with our owner's (sic) desires and expectations for how microSD should behave."

That said, there is some limited ability to move apps to SD via application manager>find app>storage but it's very hit and miss and app dependent so I'm not sure how useful it will be to the average user.

We'll have to wait and see if Samsung changes their tune down the line around Adoptable Storage vs Portable Storage or if eventually Google will cave to the pressure from OEMs like Samsung who do not allow it and make changes necessary to make everyone happy.

Until next time,

0 Comments

AC.PNG

For several years now, you could almost guarantee that any online device review that happened to call out the Sprint specific model would be negative. 

Either Sprint was perceived to have some ridiculous marketing name for its version, there was way too much bloatware on the device or the network was terrible.  It was almost always the network.

Today marks a new day for Sprint as the tide seems to be turning, exemplified in Android Central's recent review of our Samsung Galaxy S7.

First off, Sprint received kudos on the lack of carrier branding on its version vs the ATT and VZ models; clearly, a lighter hand and minimal tampering are looked at as a good thing by the folks at AC.  This is something that Sprint put in place several years ago, choosing to drive branding via splash screen vs logos all over the front and back of the device.  This approach results in a cleaner, more streamlined look more akin to the global version of Samsung's flagship.

Secondly, AC seemed to also really like the fact that the Sprint version also had a minimum of pre-installed content.  Some of this is what they called "first party apps" such as Sprint Zone, Fun&Games, etc.  Some of this is partner apps such as Amazon, Facebook and Lookout and some of this is stubs, which Sprint internally calls VPLs or virtual pre-loads.  AC gave Sprint "half of a thumbs up" for allowing much of the preloaded content to be deleted or uninstalled, though there was a little bit of a ding due to some of the partner apps being so large in size.  All in all, Sprint's approach to bloat seems to be that less is more, especially compared to how other carrier devices fare, some of whom load a TON of stuff onto their devices that are not user uninstallable.

Thirdly, Sprint got high marks on call quality and data speeds.

Calls placed on the macro network were handled well and the reviewer had no issues.  In addition, AC liked Sprint's implementation of Wi-Fi calling, both because of the less intrusive notifications vs T-Mobile as well as the inclusion of a Wi-Fi Calling setting in the notification pulldown shade, making it very easy to toggle it on and off.

Data speeds were very respectable with the posted Ookla speed test screenshots showing 17, 31 and 80 Mbps down.  AC seemed very pleased with the performance of the network vs devices of the past and Sprint also got some high marks for changing the Spark name to LTE Plus, it's new branding to explain tri-band LTE along with carrier aggregation and beamforming.

Source: Android Central

AC2.PNG

All in all a pretty glowing review of the Sprint version of the Galaxy S7 and we're happy to see the industry finally seeing all of the progress that Sprint has been making demonstrated in real-world products.

Until next time,

0 Comments

Samsung-galaxy-S7-edge-waterproof.jpg

Throughout the years Samsung has really been hitting the marketing channel hard showing off their galaxy line. As you can see they have made great success, not just with the marketing but making great products and continuing to outshine their competitors with features. It was about four years ago that Samsung started to market and show off their industry changing software and hardware features. I truly believe google has Samsung to thank for getting android in the hands of so many people around the world. I remember when I first got my android phone back in 2010 that everyone called them ?droids?. I was in college at the time and everyone that saw a phone that wasn?t an iPhone was asking is that a droid? Now android has adopted another nick name that I find fascinating. Now the tech involved person would know the difference between the brandings of devices but most consumers don?t. This is exactly why companies market their products. Samsung has made such an impact on the market I now am hearing the same thing that I did five years ago except now the question is, is that a galaxy? A few things are going on here, people have seen the commercials and the galaxy line has flood the market because people are loving them!

Now I?m not saying Samsung only has success because of their marketing. They are having success because their product is superior. In today?s world commercials just don?t do it anymore without a great product. With so many reviewers on the internet today you can know the pros and cons of every phone before a regular consumer can even get their hands on it.

Samsung's latest batch of commercials really show the amazing functionality the S7 brings to the user. It helps that I think they are really funny, highlighting the devices water resistance. A big emphasis is Samsung VR. If you have not tried the Samsung VR it really is as incredible as the commercials show. Below I have attached a few of the latest commercials that are fun to watch.

1 Comment

Every time we get a new phone, the first thing to figure out is, how do I move my content easily without setting up everything from the start? Usually for me, this was a very painful process. Moving contacts and text messages are no longer a big deal as Samsung backup takes care of that, if not there are several apps on the Google Play store to backup your messages. Contacts are stored on Gmail so that is also pretty straightforward. What gets me is apps. Sure, Google will download all your apps, but you will loose any custom settings, especially if you are playing some game that does not backup its progress on Google Play Games! Who wants to start from the beginning?!?!?!

Well again, Samsung has come to the rescue. The new Samsung Smart Switch app, that is preloaded on your S7 or S7 Edge can do all this work for you in a few mins, regardless of your old device. As long as its Android, your apps and app data will transfer with this app (more on that later). Smart Sync generally uses NFC and/or WiFi Direct (WIDI) to move the data between the phones. But what if your old phone does not have NFC or WIDI? Or what if its an Apple device? Don't worry, they got you covered.

You may have noticed something like this in the box:

160311-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-unboxing-9.jpg

Well this is a USB On the Go Cable or OTG cable that converts a standard USB port to a micro USB port. You can use this dongle for many other cool things, but Samsung provides this to you in order to transfer content via a USB cable, so its faster and secure.

So when you are going through the initial startup process, the phone will ask you whether you want to trasnfer content from your old phone. When you say yes, something like this pops up:

Screenshot_20160318-150241.jpg

Hit start, and it will ask you to plug in the USB OTG Dongle if you choose to use the cable method (works both for iOS and Android)

Screenshot_20160318-150159.jpg

Once you connect both devices, the app will detect all the content and the magic begins:

Screenshot_20160318-150149-001.jpg

Then its just the usual, pick the content to move and let it finish. Make sure to select apps!

Screenshot_20160318-150531.jpgScreenshot_20160318-150811.jpgScreenshot_20160318-153434.jpg

Viola your new S7 or Edge is ready for operation. In my case it even moved all the settings and home screen so that my new phone looked exactly like the old one as both were Samsung.

Enjoy!

-- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 4.57.25 PM.png

Pulling the S7 out of the box, its hard to tell it apart from the S6. I’m going to say from the beginning that’s not a bad thing at all. Samsung didn’t need to waste engineering cycles on redesigning the body again. They focused on the small things that make a big difference in the users experience. Samsung listened to their critics last year and tweaked the S7 for an even better experience. The biggest changes from last year is the phone is water resistant without the ugly port covers that are really “fun” to plug and unplug when you need them. They added an SD card slot for expandable storage. Last but not least of the big physical changes in the battery got bigger. This helps with the battery life issues some S6 users were experiencing. Obviously the newest flagship comes with a nice spec bump all around with a Snapdragon 820 (8 Core), Adreno 520 GPU, 4 gb of DDR4 memory and a 12mp Camera. Im not a big spec guy like I use to be but this phone is extremely fast and I haven’t got it to slow down once. If you know anything about hardware having 4 gb of ram will really help with the multitasking power users.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 4.37.54 PM.png

I opted to go with the smaller S7 instead of the larger edge, one day I woke up and I was burned out from larger display phones. I loved them for years and watching any sort of video content on a big Samsung note or edge is really a joy. They thing that got to me was having a big phone in my pocket and having to hold it a lot of the time. The S7 is about the perfect size, it has a large enough display at 5.1 “ to not feel cramped. Samsung PPI is so high anyway that everything is so sharp! My phone has a much higher display than my TV and I’m assuming most people are in my boat without a fancy 4k television. This phone is slightly heavier and thicker than the last, that’s due to the larger 3000 mAh battery up from 2550 mAh on the S6. You wont even notice the difference unless your holding them side by side. This means your old S6 case wont fit the new S7 incase your upgrading.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 4.38.28 PM.png

The camera department is a much improved experience as well. Its not a huge jump from the S6 but it’s a big enough leap to make a difference. This camera is much faster than the S6 if you can believe it. Its pretty much instantaneous at this point. The auto focus on the phone is so good I can’t state that enough. No more touching the screen and manually focusing on a point. Samsung also did a good job of recessing the camera into the frame a bit. Its not completely flush but its much improved over the S6. It wont rock as much if your like me typing on a flat service like a desk.

Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 4.38.47 PM.png

I have only had the device for a week and have been really impressed with the refinements. This is probably the most focused device Samsung has ever produced. They didn’t waste time trying to reinvent the wheel again. The small refinements make a big difference in my experience.

All images via Samsung.com

1 Comment

I love the cameras that accompany the Samsung line.  Previously I had the Note 5 and thought that was the best camera and now I have the S7 and I think this might beat it.  I will let you be the judge of that with these pictures.  I took all different pictures so you can see different aspects.  I did not use flash on any of them so in the night photos it was taken with only the surrounding light.

edit S7.png

This photo was taken in doors with no filters.  Now the Blue android is in focus but look at the dust.  It picks up every individual speck.

20160317_174142.jpg

This photo was taken out doors on a beautiful day.  I wanted to show you by letting less light into the picture I was able to manipulate it to look over cast and gloomy than it actually was.

20160317_203453.jpg20160317_203519.jpg20160317_203525.jpg

These 3 pictures were taken all at night using 3 different filters.  In the pro section of the camera you can easily choose from filters.  I think the fluorescent filter (last picture) was the best one.

I hope this showed you a little glimpse of what the camera can do.  I am excited and can't wait to show you more of my photo journey with the S7.