cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will not complete hands free activation

Journeyman

will not complete hands free activation

i contacted sprint last week because my phone would not update profile or PRL, kept getting error message to contact sprint.

they had me do a ##72786#, phone rebooted and hands free activation screen appears, fails retrys and oes not complete. keep getting notofication that activation not complete. I have rest the the phone and still no luck, 

any help would be appreciated

7 REPLIES
Sprint Social Care

Re: will not complete hands free activation

miguelybrenda54

I'll be more than happy to assist you! I sent you a Private Message, please reply back to me as soon as you can.

Ciara

Sprint Social Care

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having exactly the same issue. What was the resolution?

Sprint Social Care

klukes713,

Hey! Thank you for contacting us. I will need to take a look to your account to confirm that everything is set up correctly. Please respond to the private message I've sent you for further assistance.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Good evening, Im not an sprint customer but I just got an Unlocked Samsung s8+ that's having the same activation issue, could you please help me to find a solution for this, has become very annoying.

Sprint Social Care

Hi Yeney07!

I would like to confirm if the Samsung S8 is a Sprint device or is a device you're trying to have activated with us and you've been receiving the "hands free activation" error.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Same issue here. Ported ONE of my 3 phones, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge over to T-Mobile because of service at my home. Sorry but your airave doesn't cut it and not sure when my Magic Box is going to show up, if it ever does. Anyway, trying to confirm the phone was unlocked, which it was by international services, they had me type in the ##72786# code to "reset the network". So, with the TMO sim in the phone, I did this. Now, the phone keeps wanted to OTA activate but doesn't. It tries the 5 times and stops. Phone does work on GSM but will not make calls on LTE or receive calls on LTE. If I put the the phone on LTE ONLY, it won't make/take calls nor work on data. The SIM is confirmed to work in my other TMO phones at the Tmobile store so it's not a bad sim, even though during the attempt to make a call while on LTE, it says "bad sim". I got the feeling that Sprint needs to re-activate my phone on it's network. Any Ideas?

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

TC1-USCG-RET. I will be happy to personally review your account to verify what is going on. Please check your inbox, I will send you a Private Message.

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat