cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer receive voicemail on stock voicemail app - S9

Journeyman

Can no longer receive voicemail on stock voicemail app - S9

I received my last voice mail message on July 3rd.  Any calls that go to voicemail, I now get a text from a # 9040 that states:

SVM: You have a voicemail. Dial 1 to listen or download the Visual Voicemail App at https://goog.gl/kiiL3r.

I get a thumbnail in my messaging app for Sprint Visual Voicemail. When I click, it says it's not compatible with my device.

How do I get my voicemails to go back to the stock app that was working until a few weeks ago?  I do not want to dial 1, I want to see the #s on my screen and decide if one needs to be listened to first.  I have my mom in a nursing home and if I see that # come up, that's the priority.

6 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Can no longer receive voicemail on stock voicemail app - S9

Hey there! Lets work together to figure this out. I'm going to private message you so I can get some more info.

QueenK Social Care 

Be Original, Not a Copy. 
Your opinion matters! So feel free to show someand accept the solution once the issue is fixed!
Journeyman

I am on the Galaxy S8+ and I am having the same issue. Was a solution ever found?

Journeyman

instructed to press 1 but get message say call cannot be completed as dialed.  How can i check my voicemail?

Thanks,

Ever

Journeyman

I just had the same problem.  Go to settings --> apps --> Voicemail and tap "force stop".  On the same screen, go down to Storage and clear cache and clear data.  Then open the Voicemail app again and it'll ask you to go through the app setup again.  Just tap "Next" a couple of times and when you're done, your voicemails should magically show up and stop going to a text message.

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Thank you, @mcargle1. Your help is greatly appreciated. 

@kayla220, let us know if those steps given work for you. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Huntress of Pokémon and Resolutions,
Kudos and Accepted Solutions, Gotta Catch 'Em All!
Highlighted
Journeyman

I CANT ACESS MY VOICE I CALL IT IT SAYS YOUR CALL IS BEING CONNECTED IT RINGS 2 OR 3 TIMES THEN HANGS UP ON ME. I HAVE RESET MY VOICEMAIL APP. UPDATED THE PROFILE ON MY PHONE. A SPRINT REP ASKED ME TO DIAL THE ## CODE. NOTHING HAS WORKED PLEASE HELP!!

Tags (1)
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat