cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

Community Manager

Re: Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

Jeffrey's got you, @slabar, he's looking at the same directions I am.

Let us know if that helps or not.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Re: Clarifications needed for purchasing an UNLOCKED Samsung Galaxy Phone at participating retailer

Jeffrey,

I have no service on the old phone as I have transferred service to my new one.  Will that still work?

Sprint Social Care

Yes, it'll work.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

@Sprint_Jeffreywrote:

You should go to your old phone and dial ##RTN#. After the reset, go to your new phone and try to activate the Voicemail App again.

It's asking me to enter MSL???

Sprint Social Care

We can help you out getting that info. I'll be sending you a private message. Reply back at your earliest convenience.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am going to have to disagree. I purchased an Unlcked Samasung S9+ and downloaded the app from the playstore, but no matter what permissions are granted, settings are changed, and at this point anyone I talk to in tech support, the app does not function properly. Yes, it opens. Yes, it gives you the ability to PAY for the upgraded version. Yes, there is the welcome messages, but NO it does not receive any incoming messages! Heck, I even activated the full version, but nothing. The biggest problem is that SPRINT can't figure it out either. 

Sprint Social Care

We have brought up this issue with our Tech support and are still waiting on a reply. Once we have an update, we'll let you know.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community Manager

Community members, this is the first time we've released an app for an unlocked device. Challenges in the implementation side aren't wholly unexpected.  We're working back with our product developers and will communicate information as we get it.

Until then, I'll ask you all to keep your comments respectful and productive.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Has there been a resolution to the VVM app?  I'm looking at unlocked versions of the S9 should they be available on Black Friday.  

Journeyman

I am wondering the same thing.  Much better deal on the unlocked thru Samsung.com.  Just want to make sure I get VM notifications. 

Journeyman

No, it still doesn't work no matter how many times you call support!

Highlighted
Community Manager

@slabar wrote:

No, it still doesn't work no matter how many times you call support!

Yes, the VVM app does work with the unlocked S9.  My mother has that phone and gets all of my messages...yay.  @slabar if you are having problems with yours, shoot me your number in PM and I will have a look.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat