Release Date: 12/3/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

November Security Patch

Samsung Pay fix

8 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

For anyone else who still cannot get to LTE from the October update, the update has not fixed it, at least on my end Smiley Sad Really disappointed

Community Manager

PM me your phone number and I will troubleshoot.

@FourStopCrossSh wrote:

For anyone else who still cannot get to LTE from the October update, the update has not fixed it, at least on my end Smiley Sad Really disappointed

Journeyman

After the update, I am now getting a "Sprint OMADM the profile update could not be completed" notification that will not go away. When I try to manually update the profile, it returns a message saying Android Software Update Complete....but the original notification doesn't go away. Any ideas on how to resolve this notification?

Community Manager

Usually, you get that if you are in weak Sprint coverage or roaming.  Go to a spot with good Sprint coverage and update profile.

@aero48 wrote:

After the update, I am now getting a "Sprint OMADM the profile update could not be completed" notification that will not go away. When I try to manually update the profile, it returns a message saying Android Software Update Complete....but the original notification doesn't go away. Any ideas on how to resolve this notification?

Journeyman

Dialing ##72786# after you updated the payload worked, thank you!

Community Manager

BOOYAH!!

@FourStopCrossSh wrote:

Dialing ##72786# after you updated the payload worked, thank you!

Journeyman

Thanks for the reply. Since performing the upgrade, I have been in my normal area that has 4 (out of 5) bars strength. I rebooted my phone several times over the weekend, so I'm not sure what changed; but last night the notification has now gone away and the profile shows it was updated. I doubt my rebooting had anything to do with fixing the problem. Again, thanks for the reply and I"ll remember the signal strength if I run into profile issues in the future.

Community Manager

No problem.  If anything comes up, just reach out.

@aero48 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Since performing the upgrade, I have been in my normal area that has 4 (out of 5) bars strength. I rebooted my phone several times over the weekend, so I'm not sure what changed; but last night the notification has now gone away and the profile shows it was updated. I doubt my rebooting had anything to do with fixing the problem. Again, thanks for the reply and I"ll remember the signal strength if I run into profile issues in the future.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat