cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

confirmed. go ahead and pull up the dial pad and type in ##BRAND# which is also ##27263# and let it do its thing. its going to load back all the Sprint branded stuff..including hopefully the VVM (Visual Voice Mail).

make sure you are in a good covered mobile data area..cant remember if you can do it over wifi or not..i think its gotta pull direct from their towers which is direct back to Sprint..might as well play it safe and stick to the mobile data way.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

That worked, thanks so much.

GrandMaster

*tips hat* twerent nothin..doin what i do in here Smiley Happy

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did ##BRAND# in the number form. The phone reset, and downloaded the voicemail app. After even subscribing to Visual Voicemail it won't work. Any help is appreciated!

I do have a S9

GrandMaster

is this for a S9 purchased from Sprint or a unlocked S9 direct from Samsung or another carrier?

also is this happening after the most recent update or just out of the blue?

if its after the last update more than likely its this update here that was supposed to include some bug fixes.

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung-Galaxy-Series/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G960U-11-7-2...

Journeyman

Purchased directly from sprint. I even pay monthly for the phone.
GrandMaster

my bad. i was editing my post when you commented. i added in a bit of additional info lol. did this start happening after the last update or just out of the blue randomly?

an agent might have to perform a refresh on their side for your line..

Journeyman

No worries! How do I get that update? Tbh I've had this phone since jan/feb and dont remember it ever really working. I finally got frustrated this morning checking 50 vms over the phone and saw this forum.
GrandMaster

the majority of device updates that get pushed out are sent in batches so they dont overload their servers etc. these come directly from the OEM. with that being said it SHOULD pop up on your device automatically or you can randomly go into your settings and force the phone to search for it..sometimes that works sometimes not.

yeah i would have an agent check on their side for your line to see if the problem lies in there or they can clear the issue. was the VM app not already on the phone prior to doing the BRAND code?

Journeyman

Yes the app was there prior, just never showed anything. I did have 2 updates in the last 2 weeks or so.
Journeyman

So its says my lastest version (last 4 characters) is BRK1
Highlighted
Community Manager

PM me your phone number and I will check and see what's going on.

@perfectlyimprfc wrote:
So its says my lastest version (last 4 characters) is BRK1

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat