cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/11 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Software Update - Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1

Highlighted
Wizard

3/11 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Software Update - Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Software Update - Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1 - P500VPBMB3

Enhancements/Fixes

- Google OS upgrade from Ice Cream Sandwich to Jelly Bean 4.2.1

- Device Self Activation Client update

- WiFi Qualcomm Driver Fix; connect to most recent WiFi connection automatically

Important Notes

- Software Version is P500VPBMB3

- The update will be automatically pushed to your device. Follow the prompts

to install the update.

9 REPLIES 9
Journeyman

Re: 3/11 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Software Update - Jelly Bean Android 4.2.1

Can someone help me? For some reason I still have android 4.1.2 and although the baseline version is P500VPBMB3 it still says android 4.1.2 not 4.2.1 . I have the sprint galaxy tab 2 10.1 model number sph-p500. Does anyone know what to do to update it? I have limited space and I would really love to be able to move apps to my SD card-something I don't seem to be able to do in version 4.1.2

Any help would be appreciated.

Journeyman

The update is not 4.2.1... it shows 4.1.2 in settings with the build model shown here. When will Sprint update the tab 2 to 4.2.1 or greater.   I just 7 in used tabs for my kids for Christmas and every one of them pushed to a higher version. This leads me to believe that Sprint is blocking the update....So I ask, when will Sprint allow the push.

Master

pleasehelp123, 

Thanks for the post.  At this time we don't have any information in regards to a software update for the Tab 2. 

Dania
Social Care

Journeyman

This is pretty sad! 8months ago sprint conned me into leaseing one of these tablets which sounded like a great deal. Not even 3 months later and no updates and Im stuck with a useless tablet that I have to eat for another year! Half of the 5 apps that I have installed like google+ wont even work anymore. What kind of deal is that! Yet another reason to start lookng for another carrier! Sprint take this tablet back and give me my money back!

Master

TNJSB - Have you taken the tablet to a Sprint Repair Center to get it checked out? - Carl
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Why? The problem is Sprint Stopped updating it at 4.1.2 and they should at least update it to 4.4 to rid the vulnerabilities in the latter versions, which is why Google+ no longer functions on 4.1.2.  If I would have known this when I bought the device 3 mo. prior I would have told the Rep No Thanks.

I feel Sprint should take this device back leaving no credit due on the lease or replace it with a newer model that can be updated at least within 75% of the time frame of the Two year agreement. You dont lease a car for 36 months and they tell you that the radio features will no longer work after 3 months do ya?

Master

TNJSB,
Unfortunately because the device is leased and we are outside of the 14 days, our options are limited. If you have TEP, you may file a claim. If not, you can turn the device in, however a penalty will be applied. Here are some leasing details, http://sprint.co/1AzYfde. Please let me know your thoughts.
- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My thoughts are simple. I would be more than happy to renew the lease with a better tablet that's not going to be useless in 3 months and no I feel Sprint should waive the Penalty. If Sprint cant do this, I guess I need to take my 17 years of business with Sprint somewhere else!

Journeyman

I'm in the same position. This tablet is a piece of crap. It's nice when it works but is SUPER slow, and lacks any software update support. I'm stuck paying for it for another year in which it will only depreciate in value even further. I can't even sell it for more than a few dollars when my Easy Pay is up. I suspect that many others are in the same position and Sprint HAS to address this. I don't mind paying the money each month, but I'd like a tablet that is supported.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat