Highlighted
Wizard

6/09 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Software Update - NE7

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Software Update - T217SVPUBNE7

Enhancements/Fixes

• Update to KitKat

Important Notes

- Software version is T217SVPUBNE7

- Updates are released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available, check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.

- A notification will be sent to the device when the update is available.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Software Update article in Support for install instructions.

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: 6/09 - Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Software Update - NE7

Has anyone updated their tab3 to kit kat? If so, how does it run and what's new, different and glitchy.

Master

BATMANX35,

Have you received a notification about the upgrade? The Samsung 3 should already have the kit-kat upgrade. The new features after the upgrade. An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities. Users can automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files.The lock screen now allows users to quickly access the camera with a new shortcut and view album art while music is playing. This is to just name a few enhancements that the upgrade brings to the device. - Randal
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

In this update I see no Sprint ID icon in the app drawer to change ID packs with. Anyone else have the same issue?

Wizard

You should be happy because Sprint ID is useless app anyway.

Master

Katt50 We don't want you to feel this way. If you have any questions or concerns please let us know. - Mitzie
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

And what would "letting you know" do? Sprint ID is useless bloatware and if I could delete it or freeze it, I would do so.

Master

Katt50 - Thank you for posting. Check here http://bit.ly/1wsoSDe to all the information on Sprint ID . - Kareem
Sprint Social Care
Master

TechGuy55,

Go to applications. Select Sprint ID>Get New ID Packs>Scroll to and tap the desired ID pack. Let me know how this works.

Nicole,
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

I know what Sprint ID is, I would rather have the ability to delete it because it's useless. But, since you clearly aren't in the USA, you don't have a clue.

Journeyman

Nicole, I'm not trying to be rude, but I don't think you understood my post. My app drawer does not show Sprint ID for me to open & download packs from. While I can go to Settings>Application Manager>All>Sprint ID,there is no way for me launch the app that way either. Either my update installed wrong or the KitKat update is faulty, which is why I posted here to see if others had the same issue. Yes, I could bring my device to a repair center, but I'm disappointed with Spring's typical troubleshooting process of Reboot, Profile Update, PRL update, Software Update, Factory Resetting a device. Sprint ought to give technicians admin tools to back up system files and settings instead of starting from scratch when an issue crops up. Users who choose to root have always had this option. Also, I agree wilh Kat50. I would prefer the SPRINT ID app to be something I uninstall if I choose.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat