Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low value for galaxy tab 3

Highlighted
Journeyman

Low value for galaxy tab 3

I got two tablets.

My first mistake was the 100mb service. To give you a sense of reference that can be up to 20 emails.

So if you walk out of the house and use the data. You will go over in 3 days. I received updates and other data transfers without knowing. So in 3 days I was at 100mb.

Well the bottom line is that I really can't use the tablet outside of the house. Which is ok. I have a galaxy tab. The wifi worked fine.

But I pay 10/month for 24 months. So the tablet costs me $240. I can buy a wifi tab for $199.

So I called up and told them that I felt the value of the tablet wasn't there. Due to the fact I could not use the data plan.

I then went to return both tablets. One of them unopened. They wanted to charge me $75/tablet for a restocking fee. Which they waived one of them but took $75 from me for the one I used. If I had to pay for two restocking fees. I could have almost bought a galaxy tab 3 wifi only.

So now I'm upset they didn't try to make it right. They low balled me.

I have been a customer since 1999. I'm planning on moving because it doesn't matter.

I also had to take the tablets to a corporate store. They should've sent me the return package. It didn't happen. I knew my 14 days would be up before they sent the return box.

So bottom line. Sprint upset me and didn't make it right.

Poor decision to sell a data package that can't conceivably work if you walk outside the house without turning off the data.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Master

Dear MsLu Tu,

I would like to look into this for you. Can you please private message us with your phone number, pin code and link to this thread? Here is the thread to private message us: https://community.sprint.com/baw/pm-post!input.jspa?to=5191314

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought the tab3 on sprint to replace my ageing HTC FLYER. I bought the tab3 with the $5 data plan because my wife is using it for wifi only. The wifi version of the tab3 is horrible compared to the carrier versions. Carrier version has a better processor and more ram which makes a difference.

If you get a wifi tablet. Try a tab4 any size or get the tab pro 8.4.

And as always, should always ask if there is a restocking fee. Most stores have one for electronics. It sucks

Highlighted
Master

BATMANX35 Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on our forum. You are correct, always ask about a restocking fee when buy electronics.

Annmarie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also have two of the Tab 3 tablets, one purchased last October and another a few months ago. Sprint was the first carrier to update them to KitKat (Android 4.4) and that makes them even better than they were before. The 1 gb data plan is not that expensive and it gives you the flexibility to use your tablet outside your home or other WiFi zone with a comfortable amount of data that lets you surf the web and read/reply to emails when you want. Of course you can't stream a bunch of movies or watch YouTube for hours with that amount of data but I find it's great for normal use.

I think the Galaxy Tab 3 offers outstanding value compared to what other carriers are doing: You get 2 years of data connectivity for only a little more than a WiFi-only device that is a fish out of water whenever there's no WiFi, and there are lots of places where there is either no WiFi or it's costly or a hassle to use, such as hotels that charge $10 a day for it.

Highlighted
Master

KENJW - Glad to hear that you are happy with your devices. Thank you for the positive feedback. Happy Connecting. - RobertSprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat