Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My touchscreen on my SM-T217S stopped working a couple of mornings ago

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

My touchscreen on my SM-T217S stopped working a couple of mornings ago

My touchscreen stopped working a couple of mornings ago and I took it to a sprint store 20 miles from where I live and left my information with it. I waited most of the next day with no response so I called and they told me because I didn't have a protection plan they would not even look at it so I'm going to have to go back 20 miles to pick it up. All I want to know is how to fix it !

10 REPLIES 10
Master

Re: My touchscreen on my SM-T217S stopped working a couple of mornings ago

RFJ1960 - Wow! That is not good. Usually, depending on what protection plan you may have, you may be covered. The different protection plans allow a customer to have coverage against loss, theft, damage and malfunction, saving the customer hundreds of dollars on a new replacement device. Covers in-store repairs and liquid damage. If there is no protection plan, then there may be other options available; such as leasing, upgrade, easy pay or purchase a device at cost. What device do you have? - JudithSprint Social Care
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7" SM-T217S it has been more than a year since I bought it. I don't have a protection plan and am no due for an upgrade until July.

Master

RFJ1960,
What exactly is wrong with the screen? Have you tried resetting the tablet? Is the tablet on but you're just not able to make any selections on the screen? Let me know. - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I can power it up or shut it off with the power button but there is no response to my touch so I can't make any selections on the screen. I have performed a hard reset wiping out all of my information.

Master

RFJ1960,
Have you tried contacting the manufacturer to see if there is anything they can do, since you don't have a protection plan on the device? - Danielle
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I've tried contacting them but they say I will need to send it in and they won't give me a price until I send it to them. I don't want to spend more than it is worth to get it repaired. When I can buy one for $240.00 from sprint.

Master

RFJ1960 When was the device purchased? You may still have a manufacturer warranty on this device and if so it should not cost you anything. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

i have same issue. screen just like....died. tablet turns on & off only w/power button; recognizes when sim and/or sd card are inserted, but of course, i am unable to acknowledge that on the screen.  tapping 'ok' or 'next' yields nothing. i have flipped in all direction in an attempt to find a portion of screen that may be working, however this too proved fruitless.  i just got the tablet in november. i didn't purchase protection plan, but i feel it should be covered under some manufacturer's warranty or something like that.  how do i access that?

Master

lasenora27

Good afternoon. There is indeed a one year manufacturer's warranty. You'll need to work with Samsung directly to file any warranty claim. They'll have you send the device in for repair/replacement and it can take several weeks. If it turns out that the damage isn't under warranty, Samsung will let you know. Any costs associated with a repair are provided by the manufacturer. (I'm not saying it won't be covered, but I need to warn you of the possibility.) The number to contact Samsung is: 800-726-7864.

- Robin W
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

thank u

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat